Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Mr. Dean,
The J. Crew version of these has the roccia sole like the Beckmans mixed with the cap toe of the Iron Rangers. They call them Iron Rangers but they're really more of a hybrid.

casechopper

I'm not sure that these could really be classified as work boots...

Black Jack White Gator Combat Boots
VDtxilhh.jpg

pFZBOc6h.jpg

andy b.

One of the Regulars
casechopper,

Where the heck do you even find such a thing??? I'm still not sure if I love them or hate them. They are neat-looking. The white might be what's giving me fits. In black they would certainly be bad-ass!!! LOL

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Finally took delivery of my Wesco "Flightmaster" knock-offs. These are 6-inch rather than 7-inch, but they are the same height as my Red Wings and my White's SD. I just ordered the standard black leather rather than the domain. The leather is seriously thick and it will take a while to break these beasts in. I need to get some better laces.
DSC_0232.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Grayland, glad to hear you finally got them! How's the fit for you? I immediately had to take the insoles out of mine...

casechopper

Thanks for the comments.

AndyB: I picked those white gator boots up from fellow forum member Lando who was selling off some of his eclectic collection of footwear. I also bought these at the same time and these are a bit easier to wear.

XEwKkAGh.jpg

iYm4k2xh.jpg

7m6TnIih.jpg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Grayland, glad to hear you finally got them! How's the fit for you? I immediately had to take the insoles out of mine...

They fit with the insoles. I'm a 10.5 and ordered these in 10.5 (rather than the usual 1/2 size down for boots). They fit me very well. The seam on the outer sides of the boot dig into my foot, but my Red Wings were the same way until they broke in. The MP toe is very sleek. Fits my pretty slim foot, but anyone with Fred Flintstone feet should tread lightly with the MP toe. I may try the hot water method just to get the break-in started quicker.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Finally took delivery of my Wesco "Flightmaster" knock-offs. These are 6-inch rather than 7-inch, but they are the same height as my Red Wings and my White's SD. I just ordered the standard black leather rather than the domain. The leather is seriously thick and it will take a while to break these beasts in. I need to get some better laces.

Beautiful boots!

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments.

AndyB: I picked those white gator boots up from fellow forum member Lando who was selling off some of his eclectic collection of footwear. I also bought these at the same time and these are a bit easier to wear.

iYm4k2xh.jpg

You definitely have a crazy sense of style, much like myself!!! Those dark ones look like workboots a Klingon would wear.

pak

One of the Regulars
Alligator is a bit much for my tastes. I did see a quality jacket in black alligator. Talk about a bold look. I couldn't pull that look off, with that jacket, on Halloween.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Anyone have a pair of Wesco Robert Williams with MP toe. Haven't seen too many pictures and user experience is non existent. I know they're not work boots but figured we have some Wesco love here and little on the Shoes thread. Need something lighter to join my Boss and Semi Dress. By the way anyone know the weight difference between 7 " Wesco packers and White's Semi Dress.

LouisBailie

Banned
Nice $200 pair of White's Smoke Jumpers, fully leather lined in tan Horween leather, Horween brown rough out, leather laces in all eyelets, Vibram extra thick sole over double leather mid soles all built on the Northwest last, exactly like a $900 pair of Vibergs....good to wear while buffing horsehide jackets....

moto_1170.jpg
moto_1171.jpg

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I love the way the 6" Wescos look. I like that Wesco is hanging back from Viberg and White's insofar as the fashion crowd, while showing that they can absolutely play in that arena. I know Nick's is dabbling a bit harder in the fashion world, but I have hopes that both Wesco and Nick's continue to be work and industrial based.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran