Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FYI -- I just came across a store on ebay called "gsidiscount4u" that sells boots for pretty astonishing discounts. I've got two pairs of Frey Rand Lace-ups in black and brown and just found a pair in their really nice tan that I've been searching for and couldn't find. Most of the boots they sell are apparently returns and are listed as pre-owned, but these were listed as new. The great thing is that, not only are these tan boots hard to find, but I just paid $180.00 for boots that go for $468.00 just about everywhere. Maybe some of you guys might find some of these other makes that you're into. I'm pretty stoked with this deal. I'll post here when I get them this week.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A few weeks back, someone was asking about the Frey Artisinal Lace-ups. I saw them on the above site for about $260.00 (they normally go for about $660.00). Cheers.

A-1

One Too Many
1394ba92d1a94c1be8774d0f95652ff3.jpg
8ff2a3061630a3e0a4ec9a0bb4e40975.jpg

My favorite boots. Made in Germany by Schuh Bertl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-1

One Too Many
Sheep dog, you should. I have some rw, Alden and Viberg but these are the most comfy and indestructible I got.

- Everything's Collapsing! -

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Sheep dog, you should. I have some rw, Alden and Viberg but these are the most comfy and indestructible I got.

- Everything's Collapsing! -
How do I go about ordering? I went to their website, checking their online store, but it's in German. I couldn't find a contact page...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

A-1

One Too Many
Here is the email: info@schuh-bertl.de
I’m sure they speak English as they seem to be big in Japan. Tell them your feet length and all and I’m sure they’ll sort you out with the best shoe possible. I was in between sizes 43 and 44, took the 44 as I wasn’t pinching the toes there. I’d always recommend going a little bigger, wear really thick socks or inlays. The way they’re built, they’re the perfect boots for this kind of assembly.
They’re way more comfy than any RW shoe will ever be.
Hope that helps!

Thanks sir. They're "Red Wing Iron Ranger 8111 boots. The leather/color is called "Amber Harness."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Wow! OK, thanks. Must be the light, or my screen. I have a pair of those also and they are waaaay darker brown than yours look. They're good boots.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
12 month old semi dress Whites in Natural CXL...love them. I wrapped them in cotton wool when I first got them. Now they are my go to boots, and they have been worn pretty hard.poor lighting,but great,functional boots.
View attachment image.jpg

Last edited:
They look fantastic worn in a bit. The sales guy had a pair on- worn about 25 times- and they looked great. $250, but I bet we can find a sale at some point ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner