Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Al 916

One Too Many
Ah yeah I thought the price might be a bit steep. I’m not as knowledgable about jacket value as lots of folks here. This is a great place to learn!
It is high for a Branded, however a good find as it looks like a superior quality one.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
All sorta subjective on whether repairs are worth it here.

Nice graining. Without knowing the brand you can't truly gauge the overall value so it makes it kinda tough to contemplate value after repairs. Clearly you're looking at $200 or so for the main zipper repair and it could be more if you are wanting to keep the zipper brand and age correct. I don't see a lot of Conmars other than hit and miss sometimes on the Mash site. On the sleeve zipper---assuming that track damage can't be straightened out (perhaps it can be) and assuming you want to stay with the Talon bell pull, again, you will have vintage zipper costs plus the cost of install. Probably another $100 would cover that. Then you have that snap repair which shouldn't be too big of a deal and last the hoop pull on that left pocket needs replacing.

This is to say nothing of the condition of the liner which looks mostly intact but pretty grungy. But things can be cleaned. If professionally done---this will obviously add to the cost.

At the very least if I wanted to endeavor to fix this jacket, I would throw a low offer to the Seller. I would explain the extent of the repairs and see if they'd take a lower offer. Try to save some money for the repairs. But I would say that you'd be in this jacket for roughly $400 minimum and there still wouldn't be definitive provenance as to the maker via an intact label so reselling for what was invested would be difficult IMO (IFFF reselling was going to be any potential end game). There is also no real proof of this jacket being Horse Hide. Nicely grained Steerhide is a possibility absent a HH label.

I think I would maybe see what I could live with AS IS and also try to snag it cheap. I realize a broken main zipper is a significant issue----but if you can rock this jacket AS IS more or less for a pretty reasonable price its a nice jacket that could be a good knock around jacket. You can't just INSTALL graining like this jacket has.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Windward HH. @Marc mndt has a mint one with the early black label. It’s posted all over TFL.

IMG_7524.jpeg
IMG_7694.jpeg
IMG_7698.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis