Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

ragtime_joe

One of the Regulars
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m16662577768/?ref=search_results

m16662577768_1.jpg

Not great condition, but cheap.

cbez

One Too Many

pretty cool. 4 speed x brother bridge. horsehide. looks similar to the hh from himeji used on the iron heart jackets.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket in a big size, not too sure about the leather condition on the shoulders
mid 40s with that zipper and the lack of metal adjustment. I would ask for detailed pictures of the most worn areas, certainly lot of "sunburn" in the upper arms and shoulders. Could turn out to be OK. Worth a shot if you want a 40s aviator.

This jacket is superb. Exactly like the red one I had (sold for $100) which is what I paid. The seller is dreaming asking $400.
These I could actually wear. No 23” back and sleeve.
View attachment 562225
Unfortunately I would sneeze my ass off every time I wore it. I think I was allergic to something in the wool.

There was (is?) another red one on Etsy but seller asking more than I am willing. Good to know about the allergies, I can be sensitive to some wool.

There was (is?) another red one on Etsy but seller asking more than I am willing. Good to know about the allergies, I can be sensitive to some wool.
Me too. Especially the old ones. I like the westerns b/c they are a cashmere blend. Takes whatever causes the red eye sneezing out. I had the most kick ass button front Penny’s hunting jacket that damn near killed me every time I put it on.
IMG_4867.jpeg

Me too. Especially the old ones. I like the westerns b/c they are a cashmere blend. Takes whatever causes the red eye sneezing out. I had the most kick ass button front Penny’s hunting jacket that damn near killed me every time I put it on.

Ive seen some of those old Penney’s. Always look really nice. The wool Windward I have is the only one never to make me sneeze. Most take some time to get used to but eventually reach a nice equilibrium. Some issues here and there but wearable most days. Some are unwearable. It sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace