Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Described by the seller; "looks like it was worn once". I got to agree. Interesting this a police model. Any police jacket that has been worn will give some indication. This one does not. Not from the 40s, early mid 50s. California Chrome Tanned Steerhide was a popular hide during the 50s for CSC. This label is more than hype. I've owned several in this hide and they are special. Probably the bests Steerhide you could buy in the 50s. I've owned like new examples and well worn examples and they wear well. I'm skeptical of most 50s steerhide, but not CSC. They had something special.

Talk like I'm selling this jacket when I should be buying it.

blm14

One of the Regulars
not cheap, but a nice buco CHP in size 44

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

This isn't a CHP. It's a Detroit police jacket (PJ-27). Made by Buco for themselves and Sears. It's possible other makers had contracts to make it at the time too (it's still made by police contractors today).

Schott aviator, probably 1980s or 1990s, in like new condition. Size 44. Looks nicely constructed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner