Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Thanks for the responses. I'm still scratching my head over this one. Talon paper clip, the lining, the quality of the leather drew me to this one. Lot of good indications for CSC, but I don't feel it. I will go to the
Cal thread and look around.
It's definitely not a Cal. I've had about a dozen Cals and the collar and lapels were never shaped this way, nor were the snaps exposed. The epaulettes are also wrong (I had one Cal with them) and they were sewn A-2 style. The belt loops are also incorrect for Cal. They should be blunt cut. The pocket stitching can't be used as an identifier b/c this detail was copied. Lancer Leathers comes to mind (this jacket is not a Lancer obviously) but merely to say this detail won't provide sufficient evidence of anything.
Cal with Epaulettes:
1683052530803.png

1683052549532.png

It's definitely not a Cal. I've had about a dozen Cals and the collar and lapels were never shaped this way, nor were the snaps exposed. The epaulettes are also wrong (I had one Cal with them) and they were sewn A-2 style. The belt loops are also incorrect for Cal. They should be blunt cut. The pocket stitching can't be used as an identifier b/c this detail was copied. Lancer Leathers comes to mind (this jacket is not a Lancer obviously) but merely to say this detail won't provide sufficient evidence of anything.
Cal with Epaulettes:
View attachment 513719
View attachment 513720

+1 on the A2 style epaulettes. Forgot about those.

I do remember that thread. The chest pocket on the LAPD made it extra special.

I double checked and my straight zip does have the A2-style epaulettes. Definitely a nice touch.
In the very few Cals I’ve seen with them, they were all done that way.
EDIT: Labeled Cals

cbez

One Too Many
couple nice sugar canes. lucky for my budget not my size

38 brown sample
42 black

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany