Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Hat Primer

Perhaps worth a sticky for any newcomers just starting out to reference?

That is one of several FAQ type threads we could have as stickies.

Some of the FAQ threads I'd suggest are:

Choosing my first fedora
Hat care
Hat restoration
Types of Men's hats
Selecting a straw hat
Caps
Buying Vintage
Questions for buying Custom Made

These are all either questions that repeated regularly or are part of the answers that come up a lot as response to a variety of questions. Many sites find that at some point it is worth creating the FAQ's.

fmw

One Too Many
Good suggestions, John. The current section deals with where to buy hats and I'll make sure the custom hatters get a good shake and deal with more of your subjects. Then I'll get into measuring. I'm a firm believer in personal preference so I don't intend to dictate fashion or right and wrong. I'll just stick to the various differences that choices make. Then hat care and restoration would be a logical next place to go. I hadn't thought of caps but there is no doubt a Borsalino newsboy would make the cut as a fine hat. I'll probably go back and put that into one of the sections I have up now. Feel free to check in with the article. I'm composing it right on line so you can see it in each form it takes as I go. I'm writing it publicly. Any feedback is welcome. The more input I have from the group, the better I can do. Thanks to all of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw