Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Belted back suit I've made

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Thanks!
With interior I rather meant the canvassing and padding. Sorry for not being more clear on that.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
oh, yes that's all period accurate as well, except the padding, i went a little less pronounced around the shoulders than might be seen in the 30's

Last edited:
Cuffs-on-Jacket-Sleeves_zps33e836fa.jpg

I have a jacket with sleeves 2.1/2" too long how do I make a cuff like this?
VM

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
I'd say it took me about 20 hours off and on for a few days,
as for those cuffs it's hard to say, it almost looks in the picture like it was folded back like a pant cuff would be, but in that case you would have to turn it wrong side out to sew that curve in, otherwise on the couple pieces I have with cuffs like that they were usually backed with a different material that you would just sew to the raw edge of an unfinished cuff and have it roll back inside,
don't know if i'm describing it quite adequately but if the sleeves on your jacket are too long it shouldn't be hard to do

I'd say it took me about 20 hours off and on for a few days,
as for those cuffs it's hard to say, it almost looks in the picture like it was folded back like a pant cuff would be, but in that case you would have to turn it wrong side out to sew that curve in, otherwise on the couple pieces I have with cuffs like that they were usually backed with a different material that you would just sew to the raw edge of an unfinished cuff and have it roll back inside,
don't know if i'm describing it quite adequately but if the sleeves on your jacket are too long it shouldn't be hard to do
Ah of course you mean just like trouser cuffs, so I'll turn the cuff back up inside sleeve and them sew lining over fold cool !
your suit is gorgeous
VM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21