Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First original A2!

fraazierjo

New in Town
I just bought a beauty of an A2 horsehide Aero - 70 years off the back of one of our WW II fly boys!It looks really great and Andrew (the source) tells me it "turns heads" when he wears it to air shows. It's quite wearable, despite it's age, and I intend to put it to good use! Pics will come when it comes. This is my first since the one I inherited from an Army Air Corps uncle years ago - and that one is long gone. I await congragulations.Oh yes - the patch is gone.Should I replace it?

kampkatz

Practically Family
Good going on acquiring the A-2. I hope you didn't have to take out a loan to afford it. As for the patch, if the holes are obvious then find a suitable replacement as close to the original as you can tolerate and sew it on, or have someone who sews leather do it for you. Good luck!

fraazierjo

New in Town
New A2

I'd like to get an original squadron patch to put on this jacket when I get it.Can anyone tell me (I'm new to this flight jacket sub-culture) where and how to get an original, authentic patch for this beauty when it arrives? I almost feel I'm being entrusted with this bit of history and I want to do the right thing.

fraazierjo said:
I'd like to get an original squadron patch to put on this jacket when I get it.Can anyone tell me (I'm new to this flight jacket sub-culture) where and how to get an original, authentic patch for this beauty when it arrives? I almost feel I'm being entrusted with this bit of history and I want to do the right thing.

Probably eBay...but I would advise getting assistance from someone on the VLJ forum who could help you "make sure" that an advertised patch is truely an original.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy