Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the smokers in the lounge

tallyho

One of the Regulars
what brand do you smoke? do you use a case to hold your nails? what kind of lighter do you carry?

aside ffrom Lucky Strike, Camel, Players Navy Cut, Pall Mall and Chesterfield, what other non filter smokes are out there?

I once got some Dimitrini #10s. they were the best smoke I have ever had! they were from germany. the came in the most exquisite flat box with folded over tissue and foil.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
It varies somewhat - I'm trying to switch to a pipe when I'm working at the moment, but on the whole I generally roll my own cigarettes. For formal occasions I have a white jade cigarette holder, and a lovely chrome-plated art deco case. My regular lighter is a Ronson Varaflame - modern build, but a very vintage design.

Machine-made cigarettes tend to be Player's Navy Cut for me, in the holder. Since I look like a Bond villain anyway, I figure I might as well work with it! lol

tallyho

One of the Regulars
the brand that I am trying to find is actually called Dimitrino. specifically their No 10. I am not having any luck finding them anywhere, even on the net.

S

Samsa

I quit smoking back in February (I was turned down for a job because of it - they didn't hire anyone who had been a smoker in the past year!) When I did smoke, however, it was Camels. Usually filtered, but sometimes unfiltered. I had no artful case or lighter.

I do, however, still have a proper cigar lighter for the times when I smoke those or cigarillos (I forget who makes the lighter?)

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nat Sherman's MCD King size for me. I only found one place that carries them in my area.

What I find is the worse a cigarette tastes, the more I smoke. The MCDs are satisfying enough that I can smoke less.

I have my father's silver cigarette case, but it only accomodates non-filters. I might be tempted to go back to non-filters if I could find Chesterfields, they're the mellowest non-filters I've tried.

I use a filtered holder, and it's scary how much black gunk builds up in it in a week. :eek:

Woanzenagi

New in Town
I smoke mainly Chesterfields when I can, but sometimes they're not easy to find. When I can't find them, I smoke Pall Malls. I'm actually trying to quit cigarettes all together since I enjoy cigars a lot more. I carry a Zippo lighter, but have never used a case to hold the cigarettes.

Baggers

Practically Family
I smoke Nat Sherman Classics normally, but if I want an unfiltered cigarette, either Players Navy Cut or Lucky Strike if I can't find the Players. Since I usually only smoke 5 or 6 a day, I keep the packet in a zip lock bag to keep them fresh and put the day's allotment in either a vintage Har Bro silver case or a cheapie stainless one that I found at my local tobbacco store.

For lighters, depending on my mood I have two or three Zippos (my current daily user is a brushed brass 1937 Vintage model), or a modern Dunhill lift arm lighter with a rhodium finish and brown alligator wrapped around it, the model name of which escapes me at the moment. I've been told it's a fake, but if it is, it's a good one. Excellent fit and finish, and it stays filled twice as long as any of the Zippos.

Cheers!

magneto

Practically Family
Re: Chesterfields

I don't know if this will help you in So.Calif. Tony, but here in the bay area many of the Walgreen's (aren't they a statewide chain?) pharmacies sell Chesterfield non-filters. They often seem to go on sale in "2 for $5.99" deals which is about as cheap as you'll find a reputable brand cigaret nowadays.
I have a 20s enamel cigaret case which is rather dinged, alas, and only holds C'field or Lucky Strike length, not Pall Mall length :( I buy what's on sale. I hear you about the smoothness, though--I tried some Camels recently and :eek: (that is the gasping-for-breath emoticon, right?).
What I really need is a cig holder.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Tony when Johnnydnh was smoking (as recently as last year) he ordered his Chesterfields from cheapcigarettes.com

Oh, he also used beautiful vintage table lighters.

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
I roll my own using an injection stuffing machine. I can turn out a pack in about 5-10 minutes depending on how fast I am trying to stuff them. You buy the cigarette tubes with the filter already attached. There are so many premium tobacco's out there that are so much better than any prerolled cigarette. I have been ordering nice tobacco online for about $16 a pound and the tubes are around $2 for 200. The pound will roll about 2 cartons so you're looking at $20 or so for two cartons of cigarettes.
If you ever go this route you will never buy a prepackaged cigarette again....they taste dry and harsh compared to a freshly rolled cigarette....not too mention saving you a ton of money!

I have a small silver case that holds 7 cigarettes and I carry a small zippo from the 60's.

The shop where I have ordered my tobacco and supplies is http://www.cigarettetobacco.com/
I have tried several of thier tobaccos and can recommend some along with a stuffing machine if someone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran