Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those gals attending the QM

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wish list:

*Finish evening gown which involves a trip to the garment district
*get my hairs cut
*Sew a blouse (or 2)
*get myself a new garter belt
*finish day dress, though I'm not too keen on it so I might want to make another one

What I have to do before all that:

*Work on Phantom Dress
*Make 3 Japanese Hapis for my cousin

Lauren

*Oh yeah, and fit the dress I just got to myself.
* I wanted to make fashion overview handouts of the 30's and 40's for the ladies that came, but I'm not sure that's actually going to happen.

Right... so I'll just show up and wear the dress I wore last year, fit the new dress I got and put buttons on a dress I have in my closet, wear a modern blouse. Which would take me a whopping day. But gotta dream big!

Vanessa

One Too Many
-Finish evening gown
-Add sleeves to second evening gown
-Make suit
-Finish blouse/skirt trim
-Make new day dress
-Hem everything, it seems like
-Steam hats
-Pick up stockings

That's all I can think of right now. . .but I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten that's waiting to screw me up.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
-Remember to pack my seamed stockings
-Pick up my vintage dress (for Sir Winstons) from the cleaners (having a seam sewn up)
-figure out what hat I'm going to wear with the dress
-Figure out how I'm going to wear my hair with said hat (may need some help)
-Pack my jewelry for said dress
-Figure out what I'm wearing Saturday night.
-Figure out how I'm going to get everything packed (that's usually my biggest dilemma...the consolodating everything down into as small a space as possible).

Are any of you bringing things to sell or trade? I bought some new hats and need to figure out what to wear.

Lauren

I'll bring the hairstyle book again :)

And I've got some old hairstyle mags I can bring too, Holly.

Hair is such a pain.

Lauren

I'm bringing stuff to sell. As far as I know, anyways. But Vanessa and I aren't staying on the ship (I think we're staying at the holiday inn?), so I need to figure out how and when to bring stuff...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
ack ack ack

Ok...so I am now totally nervous about this.....My own brain plays the horrible 'you wont fit in or will look silly etc' game with me....

*kicks her brain*

and I still need hose and shoes and oh I am never getting this all done on time.......

Lauren

Heehee. You sound like what's been going on in my brain!

No worries, if it's not complete, it doesn't matter! There's always the last minute thrift store/modern store look a like search! I may be doing one of those myself...

I've still got to put straps and hooks and eyes on one evening dress, take in another evening dress, hem and put a button and buttonhole on a jacket, take the cuff hem down of another jacket, loop two buttons together for a closure, either replace buttons and add a belt to one dress or finish the fitting, closure, and trim on another dress, and if I want a vintage blouse I'll have to make one.

But if it comes to freaking out or getting by, I'm leaning towards getting by this time. Don't ask me on friday morning, though!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
well being of a just starting sewing disposition...I didnt even try to make anything, but I just finally resorted to new dress, which if not vintage inspired at least makes me feel somewhat glamourous enough to do in a pinch...

just now missing shoes.....

I did borrow my grandma's period rhinestone necklace and earring set...so there is one thing vintage in my outfit....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner