Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

formal introduction

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Great outing, Professor lol ...welcome... I guess, even tho you're not new to the board.
Me? Belgian, Flemish, lived in Texas, Virginia and Maryland, high school diploma from Bethesda Chevy Chase, came back to Belgium. Studied political science, work in the sinking ...er, sorry, shipping... industry, presently capsizing. Ran 5 marathons, amongst which Berlin and NYC (shopped at JB Hat Center), into wine, spanish literature and history, wear hats and keep them clean.
I in fact usually wear vaguely western wear (not the boots, though; they hurt my feet, and I only have two). But I'm not what you would call your typical city cowboy: I appreciate Anton Webern or, especially, the Franz Schubert string quintets or quartets quite more, in fact, than most C&W heehaws...but there are exceptions to any "rule".
Two days ago, in a smaller palace right next to the royal palace in Brussels, I went to a presentation of the Spanish translation of an original Dutch book about the history of the Spanish armies in Flanders in the XVIth century. Full of professors, the kind that got distinctions from the hands of King Juan Carlos of Spain...gosh...I never been so close to royalty, and Don Juan Carlos is more, I feel, than mere royalty! I read a lot about the common bond between Belgium (Flanders) and Spain...history.
I never cease to be amazed at the ease at which people write about possession of firearms. I have arms, but they don't fire. But I won't argue. Sometimes I wish I had a gun. Better not, though.
Sticking to hats is easy ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn