Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freshman looking for an advice - slim FQHH jacket

willyto

One Too Many
Based on your pictures and what @ton312 says, I would go with a 40 and then specify your sleeve and body lengths. The 42 would probably be too large. I personally feel that leather jackets specifically should fit fairly slim and it's better to go slightly slim than slightly too large.
Absolutely. I wish people would get that in their minds. In the end everyone like what they like but a snug fit is way better than a loose one. The excuse of layering never has worked in my mind, there's no need for 2 extra inches to layer something under a leather jacket. You are an example wearing your sweatshirt under your jackets.

Edward

Bartender
The Bootlegger is based on a 50s Halfbelt model, so it is very slightly roomier than the pre-war designs, though imo saying it's 'boxy' is a bit of an exaggeration. Having owned both types, I find the Bootlegger can be worn as easily and as flexibly as a Thirties HB. Size-wise, you could certainly go down at least one size from the one in the OP; I'd also add 2" or so to the sleeves.

Thank you very much for your help and opinions. The order has been placed.
Bootlegger
Brown CXFQHH
Size 40'
Sleeve: 26,5
Length: 26,5
zippers into sleeves
heavy duty Brown cotton
No inner pocket.
And now let's wait.

Exactly like my brown FQHH Bootlegger..measurements the same..except I have brown alpaca lining and two inner pockets.
HD

Reactions: Wuj

Wuj

New in Town
2EB9A2E7-9FAB-4228-A827-01EA3C7A4533.jpeg
23E998D3-BF00-4769-96C5-83C0E7EA9187.jpeg
Guys, at last, the jacket has arrived: Let me know your opinion.

OldOilPull

New in Town
I'm not a million miles from you in build - 5'11 and 88kg. I have a size 40 highwayman which has a 23.5 inch pit to pit that I find too large unless I am wearing a very thick jumper underneath and a size 40 50's halfbelt that seems to fit just right with just a shirt.

Mich486

One Too Many
I’m not a bootlegger fan but that really looks good on you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Excellent! Wear, enjoy and break it in well. You'll love it! :)

Since you have the tag on it still, this brings up an interesting point. That, along with the very small (and quite easily torn off) little tag in one of your pockets are the O N L Y documentation you get with these Aero's. Suprising indeed that there's no serial number anywhere. This is a hand-made product with a 4-digit US price tag. So, I've decided to have the only two Aero tags I still have laminated, and keep them in a zippered pocket in the jacket. Anyone else done this? Or just filed them?

My FQHH Bootlegger is the same size only fits me perhaps and inch longer in body length and sleeve length. I'm 6'1". Goes to show that similar height doesn't necessarily mean same size torso or arms..for sure. I do like my zip sleeves. Looks pretty good Wuj..;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran