Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - Stetson Stratoliner Size 7

DJH

I'll Lock Up
OK Guys, my New Year Sales continues.

This is a super Stratoliner made of soft green/grey felt - a little darker than my photos, I think.

Marked size 7 and fitting my 22 3/8 head nicely, the felt and the interior of the hat are just about perfect. The Stetson logos are the older version with the stars (rather than the maple leaf that was introduced in the 50's) so this is probably from the late 1940's or early 50's.

The liner is a rather nice pale gold colour and this is the only one of my Stratoliners with a wind trolley.

The only thing not perfect with the hat is that it looks as though someone may have cut off the ends of the ribbon at one time. I'm not sure of this, but they are not quite as long as my other Strats. There is also the tiniest evidence of corrosion at the back of the sweatband - this is caused by the metal reed and just about all my hats of this era show it. In any case, a fantastic hat, ready to wear and enjoy right out of the box.

My price is $185.00 shipped in the Continental US - a bargain compared to what Stratoliners are selling for on eBay these days (usually not as nice as this one). The pin shown on the hat isn't included, but if you want I can include a vintage DC3 pin (the same type as Stetson sold with the original hats) for an additional $25.00.

If you are a size 7 (or small 7 1/8 like me!) and looking for a classic hat at a great price, this could be what you are looking for.

Send me a PM if you want it!

D314048-L.jpg
D314050-L.jpg
D314057-L.jpg

Oh, just to compare, here's a shot of the green Strat with my light grey one...

D314059-L.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Lovely hat. Another wish I did not get this Christmas, "smaller head"....Santa just gave me a smaller wallet, instead! lol!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, actually Daniel I was watching an episode of Sherlock Holmes (I love Jeremy Brett in that role) and he deduced that a man was intelligent from the fact he wore a large hat size.

I guess that doesn't say much about me!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner