Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funniest Hat Listing

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I'd guess that it falls within the Exceptions rule:
Exceptions:
* Items that are not one-of-a-kind that are offered by eBay members as a Buy It Now product on an ongoing basis. You will find links here to sales of inexpensive razor blades, for example. They are always offered, always at a standard price, and the ingredient of competition among bidders is removed.
* Items that are clearly, obviously, WAY outside the fold of our member's general bidding ability or interest. For example: Clark Gable's Packard is bringing $2 million.
* YOU may post links to YOUR items that YOU are offering on eBay in the Classified section.

Lumelux

New in Town
Sorry about that. I didn't think it belonged here but I wasn't sure where to post it. He sure knows how write a funny description.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
lol lol lol

Well, it is a hat, and you never know; someone here may actually have "interest" in it. So, technically it is a 'No live auction links' no-no.

BUT, please leave it up. Let a Bartender make the call if they must. This is toooo funny to remove, in my opinion.

This seller's name is Richard. I've come to know him through email having bought several hats from him over the last year or so. He's a stand-up guy and very entertaining with his copy writing. But in this case, he's outdone himself.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Wouldn't want to start a bidding war on this fine hat. I could see it going for a couple hundred, minimum.

;)

1OldGI

Familiar Face
I wonder if the winning bidder gets a free bowl of soup...or a labotomy!

That thing looks like someone shot a footstool and threw it on their head lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Rilico is a nice seller. I only have one hat from him, but I've bid on several others, and I'm always entertained by his auction descriptions. He seems to run across a good selection of quality fedoras.

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Drats!

Too small for me.

This actually matches a pendleton sport coat that I have, sans the mint green.

Some fabrics just shouldn't be made into hats.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I Agree Scion....

ScionPI2005 said:
Rilico is a nice seller. I only have one hat from him, but I've bid on several others, and I'm always entertained by his auction descriptions. He seems to run across a good selection of quality fedoras.
I own 2 of his. He's great to deal with, nice guy.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that hat had me feeling the same as if I was looking at a very ugly but very cute puppy.

I think the sellers description is right on!

Sargon

Familiar Face
Is the seller not a member? I've always wondered. He seems to only specialize in fedoras and has considerable knowledge. I would love to know his photography techniques.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I don't think he's a member but he certainly is aware of The Fedora Lounge (and must peek in here occasionally) since he has mentioned TFL specifically in at least one of his listings I once read. Something like, "Wait 'til the guys at The Fedora Lounge" see you wearing this hat...".

His photos show his hats clearly enough but often the color is not accurate, kind of washed out, since he lights them so fully. He obviously has a passion for hats and an eye for good angles which work toward selling the sizzle of the product.

I don't know for a fact, but I'm fairly confident that he Photoshops out just the background to get that stark white, clean, floating look. You can always spot one of his listings just by the thumbnail image.

Oh, and I once emailed him just to marvel at the fact that (up 'til then) he only trafficked in the nicest looking, best quality vintage lids. Well, so much for that now!! :D

Goose.

Practically Family
Bummer it's not my size. Might have bid on it, and hopefully, win.
Wear it around a day or so, just so that my wife will appreciate my other hats more
:rolleyes::p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo