Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&Barnes Chrome Tanned goat vs. US Authentic Goat

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
to add to my inquiry...any opinion / experience with chrome tanned G&B goat vs. the US Authentic goat ? thanks.

too much coffee

Practically Family
A friend of mine briefly had a US Authentic G-1, goat of course, that he purchased new. I didn't like the leather at all, much too thin and very weak on the pebbly grain. I realize goat IS thin. The construction quality was very good however.
As I stated in previous posts, I am extremely prejudiced towards the real U.S. Navy G-1.
Sorry, I don't have any experience with G&B at all. I'm sure others will chime in.
I do like the US Authentic A-2 HH for a daily wearer and for the money I consider it to be the best value.

polocoat

One of the Regulars
I have a G & B russet Historic horsehide A-2 that I love. I also have a custom US Authentic A-1 in goat that I also love. Are they 100% "accurate,"no however, for the money, they are absolutely great representations of the A-1 and A-2. The HH and goat are both excellent. G & B A-2s are more expensive ($608.00) than US A and I've never owned a US A A-2 to determine quality. The way I look at it is if you want an exceptionally accurate A-2 and have close to $1000.00 to spend then, Good Wear is the way to go. Aero, I've read, has some accuracy issues just like G & B and US A. Why pay around $800.00 for an Aero with issues when you can get a US A, custom made for you, for around 1/2 that?;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I have 2 G&B jackets (not A2's as I don't go for the look) and they are made of some of the best leather I have seen and the manufacturing is perfect. Their goat is thick and heavy and (contary to some beliefs) does wear in well. I have a G&B bike jacket and an Indiana Jones and they represent great value from a top American company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn