Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GAMERS of the Lounge!

anon`

One Too Many
Josephine said:
w00t! Represent! :eusa_clap

lol
Like that, huh? :D

HoMM2, I think, was the first game I ever remember sitting down an being able to play incessantly, much to the annoyance of my mum. I don't count the weekend that I played Wing Commander II straight through to the Jazz mission, though. That was just a one-off ;)

Starius

Practically Family
anon` said:
Like that, huh? :D

HoMM2, I think, was the first game I ever remember sitting down an being able to play incessantly, much to the annoyance of my mum. I don't count the weekend that I played Wing Commander II straight through to the Jazz mission, though. That was just a one-off ;)

I was a fan of the HoMM series too. Perhaps you would be interested in this:
http://www.hommkingdoms.com/

I used to be a big gamer, but not so much anymore.
I just continue to play EverQuest II and occasionally a round of Age of Empires III.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
i like most kinds of games it just depends on the mood i'm in. when i was working tech support coming home to a fps a blowing things away was a great stress reliever lol.

currently i play most of my games on my wii. resident evil 4, tomb raider, need for speed carbon and call of duty 3 are the ones i'm currently working on. want to get medal of honor to play online.

i also play guild wars online with some of my friends, i have all 3 campaigns. i've actually been playing this game since about a week after launch.

anon`

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I have to admit one of the reasons I liked Xeen and HoMM so much was because of the cartoonish, 2D rendering. When the games went to 3D, I lost interest. :/
Same thing happened to me! I enjoyed HoMM3 (though admittedly not so much as it's predecessors), skipped HoMM4 and was never able to get into HoMM5.

Geez... this discussion is giving me flashbacks to all the lunch breaks I spent in high school at Astral Wizard's website, downloading maps for HoMM2! :)

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Well I've played so many games over the years that I can't remember them all. Here are the ones I currently play:

Unreal Tournament 2004

Battlefield 1942 series

I also play wii sports and guitar hero 3

Two old games that I use to play and loved were LucasArts: Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and Interplay: Out of this world

Starius

Practically Family
Josephine said:
I have to admit one of the reasons I liked Xeen and HoMM so much was because of the cartoonish, 2D rendering. When the games went to 3D, I lost interest. :/

I agree, I prefer the 2D artwork of HoM&M II and III too.

Being a web browser game, I'm still hoping for some retro 2D effect even though the characters or obviously rendered in 3D originally. Not a whole lot of alternatives, since those older games are getting harder and harder to play on modern systems.

anon`

One Too Many
Starius said:
I agree, I prefer the 2D artwork of HoM&M II and III too.

Being a web browser game, I'm still hoping for some retro 2D effect even though the characters or obviously rendered in 3D originally. Not a whole lot of alternatives, since those older games are getting harder and harder to play on modern systems.
Uh? Am I the only one who keeps old computers around for just this very reason?

warbird

One Too Many
Let's see games. I played football, baseball and raced motorcycles. Another game was shooting almost everyday. My dad's idea of a game for me was to see how many logs I could split in an afternoon. Games were playing with a couple of neighbor kids outside until dark, even in the winter.

My dad said, thankfully, that unless I was puking my guts out or studying or maybe if I was armless and legless, then I had no business sitting inside in front of an idiot box.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
For card games, Crazy Eights, the only card game I know. I used to know WAR but completely forgot how to play it. For boardgames, my dad used to always try to get me to play backgammon, but no dice (pun intended). I used to play Uno in junior high. I played jax (I know I spelled it wrong), but by throwing the metal ball into my grandma's television.....whoops....

There was a game I played on my Apple IIGS whose name I have forever searched for. It was a medieval theme, and you could choose between being a knight, a wizard, a peasant, or a woodsman, and then travel around a maze and shoot these red lazer lights at black ninjas and try to save the princess. There were doors that led to other mazes. If there is anyone out there who knows the exact name, they will be my savor forever. lol

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Oik, evil thread.

Things have been busy of late, so my gaming has been much reduced. However, the garage is full of many moving boxes, full of PC game boxes. I used to buy quite a lot. FPS's, WWI and WWII air sims, and so on. Currently, on the PC, I play WoW, a little game called Slay, and did play a bit of Pirates of the Burning Sea.

I've owned various console systems, currently we have an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

I own and play lot of board games. I'm talking Euro/German board games, like the aforementioned Settlers of Catan and so on. I have around 200 or so… several bookshelves full. I also have a bookshelf full of older simulation games (wargames), and some pen and paper RPGs.

And in high school, I do recall playing games at school - mostly AppleTrek on an Apple ][, and Adventure!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
oooooh oooh my turn!
i am such a sucker for video games.
it's pretty much the reason i'm not cool, because i tend to stay in and play rather than goin out of a night (i feel too old in the clubs i go to now). lame, i know. but well you can't help what you love.

*ahem*

FPS
*halo 3 (online is genius)
*half life/half life 2 (has anyone done any of the mods?)
*condemned
*call of duty 2 and 3
*rainbow six vegas
*S.T.A.L.K.E.R
*BioShock (loving the time period)

RPG
*skies of arcadia
*final fantasy 7
*kingdom hearts
*FF crystal chronicles
*world of warcraft (although i stopped before it got silly)
*zelda

Third person
*resident evil 4
*any of the other resi games
*silent hill
*project zero
*max payne
*gears of war

i daren't go any further because i will not stop.:eek:

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
I'm mostly a reformed gamer these days, but there was a time when I would've considered myself a pretty hardcore gamer. During that time, I amassed a collection of about 200 PC titles ;)

Favourites included:
-Wing Commander (and the first two sequels--WC3 is one of my all-time favourite titles), plus Privateer
-Ultima (beginning with Akalabeth and going right up through Pagan, inclusive of Ultima Underworld I & II, exclusive of Ascension)
-Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II
-Planescape: Torment
-Company of Heroes
-Heroes of Might & Magic II
-Betrayal at Krondor
-Half-Life & Half-Life 2
-Forgotten Hope (a BF42 mod)
-Anything beginning with "The Elder Scrolls"
-Medal of Honor and Call of Duty series
-Unreal Tournament & UT2k4
-Team Fortress Classic
-Medieval: Total War

if you had to choose between medal of honour and call of duty..... go on do tell ;)

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
sophia la shok said:
if you had to choose between medal of honour and call of duty..... go on do tell ;)

I love the old medal of honors but I've only been a huge fan of COD 4 and 5 so I gotta say MoH.

I also just bought Batman: Arkham Asylum on the 360, great if you're a comic nerd.

A.Blighty

New in Town
Don't play too many games now that I've graduated university, but here's my list of favourites:

MMO
EVE-Online
Everquest 2

RTS
Total Annihilation
Dune 2000
Homeworld & Homeworld 2 (Homeworld: Cataclysm gets an honourable mention for the b-movie esque storyline)
Supreme Commander

RPG
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3
Mass Effect
System Shock 2
Bioshock

FPS
Half-Life & Half-Life 2
Call of Duty 1 & 4
Crysis
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force & Star Trek: Elite Force 2
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard

'Sneak 'em ups'
Thief series
Splinter Cell series

Point and Click/Adventure
Fahrenheit/The Indigo Prophecy

Flight Sim/Space Sim
A-10 Cuba!
Tachyon: The Fringe (if only Bruce Campbell's voice acting!)
Freelancer

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
My significant other has an Xbox360 and there is only one game that I play - Fable 2. it is basically a fantasy based RP. You start of a child and age as the game progresses, you can be good or evil and every choice you make has consequences. You also get a dog!

The people are very easy to use and the game, I think, is absolutely fabulous. It is designed by Lionhead which is a British company and so I find the landscape and setting of the game very familiar if that makes sense and I have even been known to play it simply to enjoy the weather!

Retro Russ

New in Town
Lately, I've been playing Prey for the XBox360 -- Cherokee Indian blowing up aliens on a crazy, gravity-defying spaceship -- ,though, I have also played these games for the XBox360...

Call of Duty: World at War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Team Fortress 2
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Portal
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Turok
Mass Effect
Fable II
Fallout 3
Mirror's Edge
Forza Motorsport 2
Virtua Tennis 3
Table Tennis
Rocket Bowl
Pinball FX
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers
Marble Blast Ultra
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Tetris Splash
Ticket to Ride
Battleship
Artoon
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

That's a small sampling of the games I've played, not including any of the other many platforms.

LordBest

Practically Family
Well, I don't game as much as I used too, but I enjoy:

Strategy:
Empire: Total War (the whole TW series really)
Europa Universalis III & Expansions.

First Person:
Thief I
Thief II
Thief: Dark Shadows

RPG:
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate II
Neverwinter Nights
Really looking forward to Dragon Age: Origins.

Tabletop:
Warhammer 40,000; I've just been bullied into taking this up again by some lady friends who are obsessed with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner