Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Mayser Hats are the Best!

27889465165_9b206b1558_o.jpg

Deutsche Hutmacher Zeitung, January 11, 1913

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Found this 1912 Ludwig Zapf (still in business today) advertisement while looking through some digital copies of Österreichisch-ungarische Hutmacher-Zeitung .

27988175225_d3f2f4bf55_b.jpg

Österreichisch-ungarische Hutmacher-Zeitung 15. Dezember 1912
As an owner of three Zapfs (all modern vintage), one of them being a Lamberg, I truly appreciate this ad!

I've always hoped to contribute to this thread, and this may qualify. We made another visit to the Derby Line Inn, a German cuisine restaurant/inn. As a hung my hat on the end of a curtain rod, the barkeeper was quick to tell me not to forget it, and motioned to the collection shown here as evidence of forgotten lids from past customers. WHO could possibly forget the one with the blue and white cord-ribbon?!!
DSC05743.jpg

Last edited:

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Hey! You mean you're not into traditional Oktoberfest hats, like this ... !

DSC_0002.JPG
oktob hut 2.JPG

I bet someone here can tell us what the German name for this type of hat is. But I'm sure this is not what Steve had in mind when he started this thread.

Attachments

• oktob hut 2.JPG
    oktob hut 2.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 100

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nicely and funny Oktoberfest hats guys - That is now only a style for this Event- in the past, this style hats are definitely used on farms with sheeps and so on!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24