Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

getting my wardrobe started

clsecmbt

New in Town
I just picked up a Stetson Sovereign on ebay, and I think it's time I had something vintage-styled to wear with it. Can anyone give me directions to photos or guides in this area? I'm not sure what era would fit my fancy, but I intend to find out. I'm a fan of suspenders for sure, while I haven't worn any outside of weddings. I'm starting with a blank wardrobe, I'm not going to count my ragged jeans or punk-band t-shirts.

I want class and snappy, in my mind I'm thinking a comic-fantasy Clark Kent look.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Sounds you like you want the broad shouldered 40's stuff. Perhaps request to the moderators to move this thread to "suits" and you may get more information.

In the meantime go to the "suits" section and click on "Show us your suits" then when you're finished with that go over to "Show us your suits II" there are a lot of good examples on there of different eras.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Good info Dan! That's what I would have said! Now, let me do my job!;)

Do a little searching on this forum and you'll find every thing you need to know!

All aboard, next stop, SUITS!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner