• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Featured girls in guy's garb

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by herringbonekid, Jan 3, 2006.

1. BobHufford and scottyrocks like this.
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

3. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Peter Falk and Natalie Wood in publicity photo for "Penelope," 1966

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Norma Shearer 1920s

[​IMG]

With husband Irving Thalberg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cecily Courtneidge and Jack Hulbert

[​IMG]

6. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

[​IMG]

7. Gamma68

Gamma68 One of the Regulars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Annemarie Schwarzenbach

8. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

I came across another photo of Coco Chanel, the captions says Cannes 1939, wearing white trousers and blazer.

[​IMG]

seres, Michael A and BobHufford like this.
  9. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

I like this one!

Sacha Guitry and Yvonne Printemps in Les trois valses directed by Ludwig Berger

[​IMG]

10. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Ingrid Bergman in "Notorious" 1946

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is a photo in my wife's Vogue paper pattern catalogue:
    Vogue maryna.jpg

Nigella Lawson, is a broadcaster and chef, on British TV.
    nigella.jpg

Emma Watson, whatever would Hermine say?
    emma-watson.jpg

12. That is a fantastic outfit - timeless style with just the right amount of personal flair - and knowing what works right for her - right down to those awesome flats.

HadleyH1 likes this.
  13. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

14. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Wow this photo! WOW! love it!

Marlene Dietrich with her husband, Rudolf Sieber, at a train station in Paris. Both arrived from Hollywood, May 20th, 1930
    [​IMG]

15. The producers of "Downton Abbey" understood the gold they had struck in casting Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary. She is beautiful in an understated way - her looks quietly wash over you, they don't scream out for attention. She has an androgynous quality that the producers - as in your picture - played up to quite often.

It gave her character a confidence (this word will be used again shortly) as she knew she was elegantly stunning, but could also project resolve, intelligence and will from her picture of cool reserve that didn't need to call attention to her feminine beauty. It gave her an entre'e into and power in what was then a man's world.

That said, I think the bear stole the scene :).

Proof that confidence and the ability to project it can allow you carry off things that most mere mortals cannot.

Not sure if I like the coat or glasses more.

HadleyH1 likes this.
  16. GHT

This amazing lady is a professional model name of Carmen Dell’Orefays. This photo was taken at the London studios of Hardy Amies, when the lady was a mere 74. She's still modelling today, at the age of 89.
    Carmen Dell’Orefays 1.jpg

17. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Another great photo of Melania this time she wears a smart grey pinstripe suit with a quirky undone tie, as she and Donald welcome Justine Trudeau and his wife Sophie at the White House ( 12- October- 2017)

Love her look! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HoosierDaddy and viclip like this.
  18. GHT

I could wear that suit, in fact I have a summer blazer that's very similar.
    hats 070.jpg

HadleyH1 likes this.
  19. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Very nice outfit GHT! ^^ :)

20. Melania's style overall has been incredibly impressive - she is usually spot on in her look. She takes some risks when appropriate and plays it conservative when called for. IMHO, she is the most appropriately stylish first lady since Jackie.

All that said, as to the above suit, while I love the suit (pants need to be a touch shorter) and shirt, the undone tie doesn't work for me. Tie it or get rid of it - either would have looked great, but just hanging there feels off to me. That said, she still looks smashing - doesn't hurt that she is how tall, has pin-straight posture and ridiculously gorgeous hair.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM
    HadleyH1 likes this.