Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girls in guy's garb

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Hadley, We're still waiting. ;) :)

lol I lied, I lied , I lied................. i was never going to wear a tuxedo anyway! :p lol

OMG carter, don't take me literally :p

Goodness me what have i done! :eek: lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Does it get any better?

m_IMG_5755.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
I posted this photo of me somewhere else... but Spitfire, now that you say women wearing ties are yrrrrrgggggg i will never wear one again! lol lol lol ;)
IMG_9685-1.jpg

Dear HadleyH - guesse it depends on the tie...lol lol

Or how feminine the girl is...in your case....you wear it well.
More than well.:eek::eek: ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Guesse I have just seen my :eek: :eek: :eek: share of tiewearing dames in the eighties:

SuperStock_1558-05267.jpg

rds039060.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

But that's not what we are talking about with Hadley...(you've got a style all of your own. And - not least - humor!)

jac

Familiar Face
They're not men's clothes, they're my clothes!
I think the essential elements for dress are
1:What actually suits you (looks good)
2:What you're comfortable in.

I agree with the earlier comment re: the 20's being freer in terms of expressing oneself through one's attire. That would, I suppose, be pre-Hays Commission, the ugly predecessor to the current movie rating system.

Regardless of anyone's orientation, certain clothes and ways of wearing them just look bad. IMO this applies to pants hanging off the ass a la plumber-at-work.

Assuming an individual can pull off what may be considered cross-dressing, you may notice that the traditionally assigned garment actually accentuates the gender of the wearer. This can be very good or very bad. Examples; Marlene Dietrich, Gary Busey.

And then we have Benny Hill.

ortega76

Practically Family
jac said:
They're not men's clothes, they're my clothes!
I think the essential elements for dress are
1:What actually suits you (looks good)
2:What you're comfortable in.

I agree with the earlier comment re: the 20's being freer in terms of expressing oneself through one's attire. That would, I suppose, be pre-Hays Commission, the ugly predecessor to the current movie rating system.

Regardless of anyone's orientation, certain clothes and ways of wearing them just look bad. IMO this applies to pants hanging off the ass a la plumber-at-work.

Assuming an individual can pull off what may be considered cross-dressing, you may notice that the traditionally assigned garment actually accentuates the gender of the wearer. This can be very good or very bad. Examples; Marlene Dietrich, Gary Busey.

And then we have Benny Hill.

Jac, welcome to the lounge. I love seeing more folks with tattoos and piercings on here.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
This iconic photo bears re-posting.

herringbonekid said:
this is 70s Yves St Laurent channeling the 30s, but brilliantly.
there is a better picture of the suit somewhere (Google;) ) but it has a naked lady in the shot.

helmutnewton30s.jpg
Very sexy!

ortega76

Practically Family
On another note- my enjoyment of women in menswear does NOT include finding my favorite socks "borrowed" by wife for her use as trouser/boot socks. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:rage:

filfoster

One Too Many
Men iin guys' duds

Wife beater undershirts. (Yes, we hate this appellation but it has become accepted); Pajama tops, if such are still to be found; vests;
The danger is avoiding the "Annie Hall" look, painful to say because I have a crush of 30 years on Diane Keaton.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I don't know ...

The tux is back at the op shop, (if you can call that a tux lol ) and i'm not wearing trousers because they didn't have the right size, the other bow ties were even worse! :rolleyes:

m_IMG_6603.jpg

m_IMG_6436.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
A woman of her word!

:D Oh my,.....That is just....hmmm....adorable. :D

Hadley, YOU LOOK TERRIFIC. :whistling :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Who needs trousers! :cool2: :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member