Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goatee anyone?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Vive la barbe "Napoleon III Imperial"!

Merci bien, monsieur.

Although I was very glad to see the back of it - moustache wax isn't cheap, and that needed quite a lot to keep it in shape. The current format, as in my avatar, requires far less work.

Bart

Familiar Face
Hey MK

MK, You got the look, OK. And Mysterygal, I like your style, Chickie!

I'm thinkin' of growin' a goatee. Had a stashe years ago and now thinkin' I might go back. At this time I would use a bit o' "Great Day" type of color, time marches, as they say.

The wife might be a bit against it, but thought I'd try it only on a "tempo basis"...you understand, get the picture? But why not, as I say. And after all I have my buddies here at the Fedora Lounge "rootin'" for me. Right Guys?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Bart, and that's just it, you could try it, and see if you and the mrs like it.....good thing about it, it can easily be shaved off:)

I suppose I have the short box beard thing going on now. I like it short. The darned thing would take over my face if I didn't keep it cut back. :p
Palome.jpg

Regards,

J

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I think,...

......I have had this mustache for as long as I can remember. In one form or another. It was a sort of Fu Manchu at first, then it gradually got smaller over the years. Never could grow a proper beard as it has too many holes in it. Maybe I'll try the Franz Josef. I've always been partial to that one.

Bebop

Practically Family
A gotee is ok as long as you don't match it with a shaved head and an earing or two. That seemed to be the uniform for too many people with gotees for a while. Add tattoos, sunglasses and everyone started to look like they were shopping at the same rebel store. :rolleyes:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I remember that.

Bebop said:
A gotee is ok as long as you don't match it with a shaved head and an earing or two. That seemed to be the uniform for too many people with gotees for a while. Add tattoos, sunglasses and everyone started to look like they were shopping at the same rebel store. :rolleyes:

They called it "The Tragically Hip" look. :)

Sefton said:
Here's another term. From Bruce Campbell as Ash in "Army of Darkness" to a long bearded medieval knight: "Hey spinach chin.."

He was a dollar late and a few decades short. Moe from the The Three Stooges used that in the 1940s. In the short where the sultan comes into their restaurant, Moe uses that term for the long bearded sultan. :D

Regards,

J

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

MK said:
What? You don't like my classic film noir look?

Keep it, it's great.

Was it an artificial or a real "out of life" shot?

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Marc Chevalier said:
Here's a chart to keep it all straight:

facialhair.jpg

So what's the version Mr Connery and MK are showing (and I, for that matter). The Hollywood version has hairs along the jaw bones.

Chris Huff

New in Town
Well, you can see mine (barely) in my avitar.

I would like to go with something more fierce-looking - a sort of Civil War type look, but what I have is about all people can handle from somebody in my line of work.

CH

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the boost of confidence, but...

mysterygal said:
Not-Bogart, actually, when you get heavier and have the full beard , the beard makes your face appear rounder....that's what I like about the goatee is (when done properly) seems to slim the face down a bit.

I thought about that, and it's true. But if witha just a goatee (or van Dyke) I sometimes end up with a case of chipmunk cheeks!

NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters