Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goatee anyone?

You forgot about this guy:

rip_torn.jpg

Regards,

J

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
Last summer after Katrina whilst we had no lights for shaving, I decided to have a go at a beard. I was surprised at (a) how fast it grew and (b) how much trimming/shaving it still took to make it presentable every day. My wife said it looked like crap (although I recall the actual word she used rhymed with quit). Sometime later I reduced it to a goatee for a few days. One of my children said I looked like a "French hippy"... (charming children). After a month of this foolishness I regained my sanity and and my lights and started shaving daily (or more often) again. OK, checked that off my list. Looks fine for some, not for me.

Pere - the French hippy

Haversack

One Too Many
MK wrote: "BTW: Does it surprise anyone that the French have the most outragous of the styles?"

Well, if one were to go by winners in the World Beard and Moustache Championships from the past few years you would find that most are from the Alpine countries, (Germany, Austria, Italy, CH,) and those from the US are from Alaska and the PNW. Here are the results from 2003:

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/results.htm

Photos of the 2005 winners are here:

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/index.html

Haversack - who has worn Franz-Josef/Friendly Muttonchops for the past 20 years.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I've had a gotee for about 10 years now.
My then fiance wanted me to grow one and it covered a small scar on my upper chin as well.
I just aquired a new scar on my chin thanks to a table saw accident so now I have to keep it or at least a beard.
Plus I look way too young without it at least for now. Maybe when I'm 50 or so it will be worth taking it off to look younger. ;)

Erick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou