Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to SEPHORAAAAAAAAA...

nyx

One of the Regulars
Lucky you! They've got good makeup brushes. I also like Benefit's She Laq to help keep your eye makeup on through the night.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Oh my, you lucky girl. You don't need suggestions, you need lots of time to soak in all the choices! You'll find lots of Benefit, Bare Escentuals, Too Faced, etc...Sephora has their own brand, too. They have wonderful color choices but I do not recommend their eye/lip pencils. I've had bad luck with them (too waxy or something.)

I don't know if this is too Type A for you, but when I'm going to Sephora, I comb my back issues of In Style (or similar magazine) for their Best Buys in Cosmetics. I make a list of the items that really interest me and colors I like so I'm not overwhelmed when I get there.

Have fun!!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Depends on what you want - makeup or body products! I love their brushes and find them to be good quality for a very fair price. I also love their Sephora brand makeup primer.

I recently bought a Cargo PlantLove botanical lipstick there that I love. It's a lovely sheer red (color Maria). This line of their lipstick comes in recycled cartons that have flower seeds imbedded in them so you can plant the box in soil! Also, a portion of their sales go to St. Jude's and the plastic lipstick container is made from corn and is bio-degradable.

More at http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P172734&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4257

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Great present!!!

How excited are you?!! Sephora is always a great present!

The ladies are right, the only downfall is there is too mcuh to choose from and too much to buy!!!! :D

I like to get stuff I can't get at other makeup counters. And you can try everything! So test it all!!

Have fun and please tell us everything you got!!:D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love Sephora. I think you should just plan to spend alot of time there. There is so much to choose from. I bet they'll have some great boxed sets this time of year.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I have a $100 Gift Cert to Bloomies that I may blow at the Benefit counter. I love all the Benefit stuff - the little tricks and correctors will do a wonder for your face! And Benetint is the best blush on the planet. You must have someone who knows how show you how to use it all, though, for bet effect. Benefit's my vote!

Adele

One of the Regulars
I agree with all the gals - so many goodies! I do recommend the brushes though. As I've mentioned before, I actually got them as a gift, and last time I went, I got myself another brush for my eye-makeup.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Ooooh Yay! I'm sure you've spent your present by now, it's hard not to right? Anyway, I joined the sephora beauty insider and you can get some free samples and emails newsletters of sales etc. it's really great. Have fun with all your new loot!
P.S. Did you see the ghd hair styler on-line???? OMG I want one Sooooo bad!
Have fun!

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I STILL HAVEN'T SPENT IT! It's the (poor grad student) perfectionist in me.

That gift card and I may never meet again "...on the bumpy road of love..."

:)

I will, though, join for the fabulousness!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
When I first went to Sephora with my gift certificate, I spent it on items that were a bit on the obscure and slightly expensive side. I bought a Frederick Fekkai hair spray thing that is supposed to DETANGLE and a French Bentonite Clay beauty bar which was supposed to be better than the other (read inexpensive) clay beauty treatments out on the market. (like Queen Helene for example.)

Well, suffice it to say I was dissapointed. The hair detangler was total crap and I ended up throwing it away and the beauty bar, while it was a good product, was not very practical and the design was awful.

Now, if i had to do it all over again, I would buy products that are tried and true. I would stock up on those items I have either bought in the past or currently buy but are slightly on the expensive side.

Hence, all my money would get blown on Chanel perfume or Benetint or some other Benefit product.

Sephora is like the grown up Disneyland for the ladies. Stimulus overload.. lol

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Depends on what you want - makeup or body products! I love their brushes and find them to be good quality for a very fair price. I also love their Sephora brand makeup primer.

I recently bought a Cargo PlantLove botanical lipstick there that I love. It's a lovely sheer red (color Maria). This line of their lipstick comes in recycled cartons that have flower seeds imbedded in them so you can plant the box in soil! Also, a portion of their sales go to St. Jude's and the plastic lipstick container is made from corn and is bio-degradable.

More at http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P172734&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4257

That lipstick sounds like my dream come true! :)

retromom147

One of the Regulars
OH tell me about it...the stimulus overload makes my head feel like it will explode! I have to sneak off to the store when the hubby will watch my doll baby because I'm not a very good mommy when I'm in that store. lol

sinatras_gal

New in Town
love sephora

I love sephora as well. I have this mascara it's old hollywood style...and you
apply the black pigment with a brush to your eyelashes...it really puts me
into the antique perspective when i apply it...but they don't sell it anymore! :(
I'm bummed...does anyone know if they still do?..the one i went to in florida didn't carry it!

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Feedback on product/beauty knowledge

So I'm planning to go in soon for my first red lipstick/gloss BUT since I've read too many beauty articles telling me to pick the right shade of red, I'm paranoid that I'll buy the wrong one! In your opinions, how knowledgable do you think the sales staff is? Enough to totally entrust them to find the "right" red for me? Or how did you all find the right shade for you? I appreciate all your insights in advance!

olive bleu

One Too Many
I know some people always think they are lame when they present me with a gift certificate..but honestly, they are by far my favourite present!!

Blondie

Practically Family
The staff at Sephora are great, i have NEVER had a bad experience there,
just be specific about what you are looking for,
make sure you have the time to devote to trying on lipsticks and liners,
I am sure you will not leave empty handed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt