Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era sports, Fencing.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I buckled many a swash when I was in college, and never had anyone get bent out of shape over it.:beer:

Different times I guess.;)

Regards! Michaelson

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
One of my Ex's was an executive with Tiffany when they sponsored the U.S. Fencing Team/Program. We accompanied the team to the 84 Olympics(LA) and I watched Peter Westbrook win a Bronze in the Sabre. We celebrated with Peter for two days, non stop, before we were asked(politely) to leave the Olympic Village.

TM

A-List Customer
Wow, Fencing! There's a topic I hadn't thought about in years.

I fenced a bit a long time ago at a good academy in Culver City. Never got good at it and my knees weren't up to it either. But certainly did enjoy the Fencing Finals at the 1984 Olympics! Rather amusing to see all the TV crew in tuxedos.

Tony

mikepara

Practically Family
Never fenced..

...but I just bought a book on Royal Navy Cutlass Drill. Give me 2 Months and I'll take you all on!

There can be only One!

Oops. Got carried away again.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No true salle up here, just college clubs. Even if there were I wouldn't just be sport fencing.

http://www.thearma.org/

That's more my style. It's a sword, the classic symbol of a gentleman and the means by which he defended himself and others. Even if you only use for sport, you should never forget it's a weapon at heart.

Like the ancient badminton birdie. Ahhh yes, I remember it as if it were yesterday, the drums in the night and then the birdies, thorn tips glistening with poison, arcing over the boma bringing agony and certain death. To leave one's tent was to sign one's own death warrant....... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace