Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Espadrilles

Vanessa

One Too Many
Love the first ones. I'm still overjoyed that the fashion gods have decided that they are once again 'in.' I'm buying every pair I can get my hands on to stock up for when they are sadly, 'out' again.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yeah, and I want to do the same. I went to Ross to look for some, but I didn't find any yet! I'm already looking forward to fall so I can go to Ross and Nordstrom Rack and stock up on the espadrilles that didn't sell :D

Rosie

One Too Many
I believe so

The soles are just a bit thin on those. Though, it's the material of the sole, not really the thickness. Great picture. Where are you guys finding these? I saw a few in a different post.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
If you get the kind that have the material on the soles too, be careful. A few years back I had a pair that I wore and they got wet as it was raining outside. Because I was on a trip to Atlanta and the shoes were wet, I had to put them in a plastic baggie. Well, once I got home, I had mold growing on the soles. Needless to say I had to chuck them.

I love espedrilles! I found these little pumps this weekend with a little espedrille rope going around it. They are so comfortable. I'd venture to say the most comfortable pump I've ever worn:
http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1009063&variant_id=31871
I would have gotten the black ones, but would have to go to another store to get them:
http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1009063&variant_id=31870

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Proper-

Proper Espadrilles should have a rope (or braided jute)sole or a crepe rubber filled rope sole and of course, a cloth upper. The word is derived from 'Esparto', a grass which provides a ropey fibre. If they don't, they aren't.

My Wife wears these a lot in the summer.

Old time rock climbing shoes had rope soles- they work too.
I have an old pair of French army cloth/rubber jungle boots- the inner sole is basically an espadrille sole- comfy.
B
T

Vanessa

One Too Many
The two most recent pair I bought.

annual25_beigea.jpg

taki01_olivea.jpg

Like Lauren, I'm waiting for the end of season sales when I can really stock up. (shoe addict)

Vanessa said:
The two most recent pair I bought.

annual25_beigea.jpg

taki01_olivea.jpg

Like Lauren, I'm waiting for the end of season sales when I can really stock up. (shoe addict)

Vanessa!!! Those are wonderful!!!
I have been looking for espadrilles for the past few years. They attempted to surface a few years back. I saw them at Old Navy but that was it.

I just bought these in the bronze and love them. I like the structured front.
http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?itemNumber=57728&type=Product

Can't beat the price either!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
So cute! All of them!

Anyone happen to know who carries them in Narrow width? I'm always wary of buying shoes online... or you you know if a cobbler can take in the cloth upper?

crwritt

One Too Many
Lauren said:
So cute! All of them!

Anyone happen to know who carries them in Narrow width? I'm always wary of buying shoes online... or you you know if a cobbler can take in the cloth upper?
The ones with the laces across the top of the shoe look like you could adjust them to make them tighter.
The fabric is light enough that you could do some hand stitching and take them in yourself.

Blondie

Practically Family
Have 2 pair of NEW espadrilles over in the classifieds
Both size 10
One pair is navy
one pair is black
pilar.jpg

PM me if interested !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member