Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero NYPD Leather Jacket in car magazine plus new leather jacket project completed

Navin323i

Practically Family
Navin, it's so good to have you back. Your chipper never-say-die attitude was missed around here. I thought of you when you were gone and I'm really happy to hear you're doing well. You inspire me to see the good in life and I'm sure you do the same for others. Keep it up and enjoy every day.

Hey Joel!! Great to hear from you, bro. My apologies for my leave of absence... I'm here to stay now though, and in good health too (knock on wood). I'm truly honored and humbled that I can play a role in inspiring you, my friend... thank you so much!
Is that you in your avatar pic? What an awesome looking picture! :) What car make/model is that?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Caught :eeek: - you're right, Detective Navin - now I'm closer to some of my friends in North America.
Maybe soon I invite you to a glass of red wine - is good for the heart. :cheers1:

Haha... detective Navin indeed... more like luck on my part as in even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then, lol.
Glad you're closer to us North America members now, Windward. You always have an invitation to come visit me here in Maryland/Washington D.C. Red wine sounds like a good plan, my friend. :cheers1:

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hmm no mention of the jacket that I wore for you for almost 20 years to give you sucha special patina??

Hehe just kidding.

Welcome back.

I can relate to being sick since I got tendon inflammation and couldnt longer make bows or arrows, and I was the norwegian master bowyer and arrow maker several times. I had to change my job and got some kind of stomach illness wich made me nausic to the verge of throwing up everyday just as I was studying for my new career. Now almost 3 years later I still have ache in my arms and legs and cant do much of the same thing, and I still get nausia when you least expect it, I still managed to land my dreamjob, also in IT but in security. Im also very happy for the times I do feel good, its a gift.

I got my number 2 girl last december so havent really had money for a new jacket, but I do need jeans and shirts :)

Griff!!! Lol... I didn't forget about mentioning the famous "Griff" Leather Jacket that I now have the honor of owning... I was merely waiting for you to post up here so I could post the below pic...

Navin-Arturo5.jpg

The Griff (Arturo) Jacket is now on temporary loan to my younger brother who has a much better physique than I do (particularly in the abdominal area) so the jacket looks better on him, plus he's still single so the ladies always compliment him on this jacket and how good it looks on him.

I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues, bro. Hang in there and continue to stay positive. Believe me when I say that a positive attitude on life can work miracles in so many ways to benefit your health. I didn't realize you're a master bow and arrow maker... I love archery! I remember you telling me that you were a chef at one point... congrats though on finding your dream job in IT security... definitely a great field to get into and in high demand too.

Congrats on girl #2!! So happy for you and your wife! Speaking from experience, you will find that being a father to 2 girls is truly a wonderful experience. Enjoy them and your future jeans and shirts in the very best of health! :-D

winterland1

Practically Family
As others have said all the obsessing over jackets, shoes, hats etc is nothing when you have health issues. Great to see you are still kicking and have a positive attitude. I am sure it hasn't been easy.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hi, Navin. Welcome back! I've been in and out of the forum myself... my jacket addiction happens to come in waves and apparently in in a "relapse." I recently purchased a Highwayman and now am putting together a Maxwell... Is this my Aero rock bottom???

In anycase, I remember reading your posts when I first found FL and I'm happy to read your update. Really puts things in perspective-- you can obsess over minutia re: jackets, but really, nothing matters more than family and health. I think I should take a break after this Maxwell and just enjoy everything for a while! Haha-- your motivational speaking will depress Aero jacket sales, I'm sure!

OT-- I have an old low mileage '99 323i that I've been wondering what to do with. It's in decent shape, but resale value is minimal. It could be a fun project car... Can I PM you for details re: your supercharger set up? That sounds like a fun money pit... lol.

Thanks for the great post, my friend! I forgot your name though so please remind me... I'm getting old, lol.
Congrats on your Aero purchases! I definitely agree with you regarding how easy it is to get caught up on buying jacket after jacket, or using this analogy, buying BMW modification after modification (also known as the infamous "mod bug"). The cure to resist the mod bug which would also equate back to jacket addiction would be to take that break and enjoy what you have, otherwise you'll end up with too many jackets with some of them being used less than others if even at all.

Please feel free to contact me... I'll message you my contact info and you're welcome to pick my brain for all your BMW modding needs - so happy to know that you're a fellow 323i owner like myself... mine is a '00 323i (May 2000 build). I will say though about the supercharger that it definitely was not a money pit in any way... stage 1 ESS twin screw supercharger (ESS is based in Norway and has the added benefit of doing a lot of their testing on the famed Nurburgring)... it has not given me any problems in the 5 years I've owned it.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Navin!!! Buddy, so glad to see you back. Man, I gotta say. I'm happy you're not matching a pink Bimmer! That metallic blue is a new addition the the 2013 blue leather blowout. I could never pull that off, but it looks good man. You're the only guy I know with a BMW that's not a complete butthead lol
Glad the family and you are doing well. Missed your posts and didn't realize how long it had been. Lots for you to catch up on. Would like to know what you think of the Ventura I got earlier this year. Just did a massive drive-fest in the northwest and wore almost nothing but that jacket. I took along three of them and only wore the other two once or twice. An RRL Deck jacket and my Aero FQHH HBD. Since you've been gone, I cleaned out most of my closet. The ones I have left are just too good.
Welcome back pal. Much love from the old crew here.

Much love to you and all the crew here, Scott! I really appreciate the warm welcome back from you all. :)

I definitely need to do a search on here and find your posts with pics of your Ventura. I'm sure I'll love it considering that we have similar jacket tastes and I've loved all your other jackets, but I'll definitely check it out and get back to you. I totally hear you about the butthead BMW drivers... there are definitely a lot of those folks out there but I'm happy to say there are an equal amount of the good folks out there too... all depends on the luck of finding the good folks I guess. :)

One good guy in a 325 is enough buddy. lol
I've slowed down a lot since I've got a few great jackets. The chase was a big part of the fun, and now the herd is lean and mean. I was close to an Aero two-tone Buco, but the family nixed it. I really should add one more, just don't know what yet. Have been really close to a blue A-1, but as you'll read here, the perfect blue hide is hard to find (for me).

Off to to catch up on the DVR with the wife. Cheers for now.

Much love to you and all the crew here, Scott! I really appreciate the warm welcome back from you all. :)

I definitely need to do a search on here and find your posts with pics of your Ventura. I'm sure I'll love it considering that we have similar jacket tastes and I've loved all your other jackets, but I'll definitely check it out and get back to you. I totally hear you about the butthead BMW drivers... there are definitely a lot of those folks out there but I'm happy to say there are an equal amount of the good folks out there too... all depends on the luck of finding the good folks I guess. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
" Bimmerfest"what a wonderful word...is it german slang ?

Great to meet you, my friend! I see that you're a musician based on your avatar pic... that's great!

"Bimmerfest" is an American name for the largest event in the USA that brings together all BMW owners, vendors, etc. Think of it as "Disneyland for BMW owners".

The name "Bimmerfest" means the following:

"Bimmer" = BMW cars ("Beemers" = BMW Motorcycles)
"Fest" = the shortened name for "festival"

therefore Bimmerfest is a festival for BMW cars. :)

If you haven't already done so, please feel free to check out my opening post in my thread here and click on the link I provided to the Bimmerfest article that I wrote for Eurotuner car magazine... you'll see from the pictures posted in that article how large this event was. Great to meet you!

Last edited:

Navin323i

Practically Family
Nice to meet you sir. Nice car... sweet lookin' family. Interesting metallic colored jacket. NEVER seen that before. Welcome back and thanks for sharing...

Worf

Great to finally meet you, Worf! Feel free to call me, Navin (it helps to make me feel younger than my age of 39 and soon to be 40 in a couple of months, LOL) I've enjoyed reading your posts here and I see you joined this website around the time I took my leave of absence, so it's great to finally cross paths with you, my friend.
Haha... yeah the metallic colored jacket is definitely different but will be extremely valuable to me, particularly when I give my motivational heart talks so the audience can visually see my jacket color being my exact car color which that color is what represents my heart awareness cause (plus I just love that color!) :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Good to see you again Navin, hope all is well with you, jacket and car look great together.

Hey Dav!!! Always an absolute pleasure to hear from you, dear friend. All has been wonderful and I'm so glad to be back here. I look forward to catching up with you and seeing what jacket(s) you have acquired during my leave of absence. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
As others have said all the obsessing over jackets, shoes, hats etc is nothing when you have health issues. Great to see you are still kicking and have a positive attitude. I am sure it hasn't been easy.

Thank you so much and it's great to meet you! You'd be surprised that it's easier than you might think. Once you get into that mindset of staying positive and just being so appreciative and grateful for being alive, I've found that when there comes a point where life knocks you down due to health issue, job loss, etc... it gets easier to get right back up on your 2 feet and fight the fight. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
One good guy in a 325 is enough buddy. lol
I've slowed down a lot since I've got a few great jackets. The chase was a big part of the fun, and now the herd is lean and mean. I was close to an Aero two-tone Buco, but the family nixed it. I really should add one more, just don't know what yet. Have been really close to a blue A-1, but as you'll read here, the perfect blue hide is hard to find (for me).

Off to to catch up on the DVR with the wife. Cheers for now.

Haha... you mean 323.. I wasn't cool enough to drive a 325 so I got a 323 (just kidding... in 2000 the only 3 series BMW cars you could get were the 323 and 328 so I got the 323 and haven't regretted my purchase to this day). :)

Do you have any links to the Aero 2 tone Buco or the blue A-1 or even the pics themselves that you can post here? I haven't seen many blue leather jackets at all and I seriously wish Aero offered their horsehide in custom colors like turquoise or even a light blue. I heard Aero has the blue-black goathide but the pics I've seen made that hide appear more black than blue.

Off topic question to you and/or the group here... when I joined this site back in March 2010, I recall this website had a rule where the email address a member provided had to be from an ISP and couldn't be an email address from Hotmail, yahoo, etc, therefore I used my ISP email address that I rarely check.
Is that rule still in effect or could I provide a gmail address which I check more often than my ISP email account?

Windward

Practically Family
This is the absolutely perfect color combination with those pants - fit is outstanding and veeeeeery flattering !!! LOVE IT

Regards
Windward

Navin-Arturo5.jpg

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Griff!!! Lol... I didn't forget about mentioning the famous "Griff" Leather Jacket that I now have the honor of owning... I was merely waiting for you to post up here so I could post the below pic...

Navin-Arturo5.jpg

The Griff (Arturo) Jacket is now on temporary loan to my younger brother who has a much better physique than I do (particularly in the abdominal area) so the jacket looks better on him, plus he's still single so the ladies always compliment him on this jacket and how good it looks on him.

I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues, bro. Hang in there and continue to stay positive. Believe me when I say that a positive attitude on life can work miracles in so many ways to benefit your health. I didn't realize you're a master bow and arrow maker... I love archery! I remember you telling me that you were a chef at one point... congrats though on finding your dream job in IT security... definitely a great field to get into and in high demand too.

Congrats on girl #2!! So happy for you and your wife! Speaking from experience, you will find that being a father to 2 girls is truly a wonderful experience. Enjoy them and your future jeans and shirts in the very best of health! :-D

Great that the jacket is getting some wear. Happy to hear it.

I was making bows and arrows on the side as a hobby. But since I got the tendon inflamatin I had to quit both that and my job as a head chef and reschool, and so I chose IT-Security since computers and telecomunication is my other hobby and one that is less stressful on the tendons. Its crazy, I work for one of the biggest companies here and the security team is only made up of 3 people including me, so it looks good.

Im acually on my final week of paternity leave for my second girl so its mixed emotions. Sad not to be with her all day soon, but also happy to get back to work since I love my partners and there is so many interesting projects going on and they really give back when you do a good job.

Thanks again man.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Great that the jacket is getting some wear. Happy to hear it.

I was making bows and arrows on the side as a hobby. But since I got the tendon inflamatin I had to quit both that and my job as a head chef and reschool, and so I chose IT-Security since computers and telecomunication is my other hobby and one that is less stressful on the tendons. Its crazy, I work for one of the biggest companies here and the security team is only made up of 3 people including me, so it looks good.

Im acually on my final week of paternity leave for my second girl so its mixed emotions. Sad not to be with her all day soon, but also happy to get back to work since I love my partners and there is so many interesting projects going on and they really give back when you do a good job.

Thanks again man.

No... thank YOU, my friend. It's so great to be back here and back in touch with good friends like yourself. I'm so blessed to be a part of such a great group of folks here. I'm truly happy for you and I know you'll get past your tendon issues. Your job sounds awesome and I totally can relate to you about how you're feeling now that paternity leave is ending and you won't see your baby girl as much... all that means though is you'll treasure the lesser time you spend with her even more! You and your family are so blessed and I'm so happy for you all. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
This is the absolutely perfect color combination with those pants - fit is outstanding and veeeeeery flattering !!! LOVE IT

Regards
Windward

Navin-Arturo5.jpg

Thanks Windward! You'll laugh at this but those aren't "pants" I'm wearing. I have pants that color of course, but I had my daughter purposely take the picture the way she did because I'm actually wearing khaki colored SHORTS, haha! I was lazy to go upstairs and change into pants just for that picture, lol.

Thanks Windward! You'll laugh at this but those aren't "pants" I'm wearing. I have pants that color of course, but I had my daughter purposely take the picture the way she did because I'm actually wearing khaki colored SHORTS, haha! I was lazy to go upstairs and change into pants just for that picture, lol.

Navin, you're safe as long as you're not wearing Crocs and leave your shirt untucked lol
You should have kept that a secret. BTW, that jacket looks killer on you. Hope you still have that one!

Stand By

One Too Many
And there I was coming in to work this morning feeling brassed off at the light flak I'd caught from the girlfriend for no adequate reason...!
Thanks for the shot of perspective and the reality-check there, Navin. Welcome back.
I should know better than to let a little light flak get to me - and I do usually, as I work in one of the largest cancer centres in N.America and your story isn't dissimilar to a few of my patients - you've got an absolutely indomitable character and yours is a truly heroic attitude in the face of adversity. I'm very glad that you've made it through and have come so far - just keep on going ...!!!

That Griff jacket looks absolutely great on you there. It looks very Mad Max to me ... very cool !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner