Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Leather

Bucoholic

New in Town
I know J.C. is looking to move more and more into civilian jackets like the Ventura and California Racer. I've had the chance to visit with him a bit and see a range of his jackets, and the guy is really a genius. His A-2's are ridiculous, and the non-military jackets I've seen have been superb. He goes to extreme lengths to source the very best hides, as well as other appointments, and really spares no effort to create an amazing finished product. If I sound like an unabashed fan, I am.

I know J.C. is looking to move more and more into civilian jackets like the Ventura and California Racer. I've had the chance to visit with him a bit and see a range of his jackets, and the guy is really a genius. His A-2's are ridiculous, and the non-military jackets I've seen have been superb. He goes to extreme lengths to source the very best hides, as well as other appointments, and really spares no effort to create an amazing finished product. If I sound like an unabashed fan, I am.

You're not the only one! Count me in too! On top of his ideas of what makes for great leather jackets..he is also one of the nicest guys around....;)
HD

53Effie

A-List Customer
I couldn't agree more. I purchased an A-2 from John two years ago and while there was some wait time to get it, he did a marvelous job on the jacket. He went out of his way to be sure it was satisfactory as well, when there were a couple of small issues. I am very happy with the jacket and his customer service ethic. I've really been eyeing some of the civilian jackets he is developing....my wife will kill me though!

CR141

Familiar Face
I spoke with John earlier in the week about the possible purchase of an A2. He was very pleasant and eager to answer any and all questions. From the pictures I've seen on his site(I've looked at all of them) my first A2 will definitely be a Good Wear. His dedication to authenticity is second to none as is his quality.

Last edited:

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I see, yes sadly test jackets will tend to be 46 (John's size) and in A-2 jackets these are true to mil spec. - so equate to a size smaller in modern terms.

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
I'm a big fan of J.C.'s work too. As he moves into civilian jackets down the track, does anyone think he may be interested in having a go at making a 'Grizzly'. I know he's totally snowed under with orders, but I'm wondering if it's worth contacting him with the idea/proposition later in the year. He'd do an outstanding job. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner