• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Marc Chevalier, May 31, 2006.

1. .

I knew that would get your attention. ;)

Speaking of which, here's a little "diary" I found in a thrift store today. From the lettering and pictures, I'm guessing that it's from the 1930s. The front and back covers are wood. Fun, eh?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wow, that's pretty cool Marc. For some reason, reminds me of that game Mystery Date.
  3. I like the quaint ditty on the cover:

"Happy thoughts within
    Many will I treasure
    Should it hold the -
    This book I'll keep

All the (remaining) pages inside are blank. Either no dates occurred, or the former owner removed the filled-in pages.

4. You think she'll go for eyeless Joe, one eye stick man Jim, or hatless one eye Bob? (eye complaints were sooo prevalent in the 30s. What's a gal to do?)

Joe looks suspiciously like the invisible man.

5. The one-eyed guy with the tie is actually kinda hot. Got that whole sly devil-may-care charm going for him...

Rosie -- I *loved* Mystery Date! I always wanted to end up with the bowling guy...
  6. lol lol lol

7. Caledonia

Caledonia Practically Family

8. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

That is really really cool... If you ever descide to make repros, color me interested :D
  9. The fantasy diary page ...

HIS NAME Cary Grant

I CALL HIM Archie

WE MET AT the Hollywood Canteen

DATE June 27, 1943--I THINK HE IS
    wonderful, marvellous, a dreamboat! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIS HOME Beverly Hills

10. Fred G.

Fred G. Familiar Face

Book o' Beauxs

Two out of the three characters are wearing hats! Great!

If this book came out today, those pages would include his email address, website, cell number...
  11. Ladies!

12. Caledonia

Caledonia Practically Family

I may just swoon in a rhapsody of adoration! Smelling salts please :D
  13. Bachelor #2 is not only a one-eyed stick figure man, but also has a cane for his lame leg and is holding his chest due his heart condition. Clearly this little black book belongs to a gold digger.
  14. Marc's discovered Anna Nicole Smith's diary!

Don't even want to know what he had to do to get it :eek:

15. That is too funny for words, you crack me up! lol I just bust out laughing in the teacher's lounge, now they all think I'm nuts, well.... nuttier.
  16. I was actually thinking about making repos - such a cute idea!