Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got BEAUX ?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

I knew that would get your attention. ;)

Speaking of which, here's a little "diary" I found in a thrift store today. From the lettering and pictures, I'm guessing that it's from the 1930s. The front and back covers are wood. Fun, eh?

5-29-06020.jpg
5-29-06025.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I like the quaint ditty on the cover:

"Happy thoughts within
Many will I treasure
Should it hold the -
special
'HIM'
This book I'll keep
forever."

All the (remaining) pages inside are blank. Either no dates occurred, or the former owner removed the filled-in pages.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:

I knew that would get your attention. ;)

Cheeky! :) I'm away to consult my PI astrological charts re the 3 tasty guys she's put in there. I'm pretty sure we're looking at a Scorpio, and a Leo or perhaps an Aries, and the last guy just shot past the moon.... :D This could be definitive stuff!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The fantasy diary page ...

HIS NAME Cary Grant

I CALL HIM Archie

WE MET AT the Hollywood Canteen

DATE June 27, 1943--I THINK HE IS
wonderful, marvellous, a dreamboat! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIS HOME Beverly Hills

Fred G.

Familiar Face
Book o' Beauxs

Two out of the three characters are wearing hats! Great!

If this book came out today, those pages would include his email address, website, cell number...

Tin Pan Sally

Bachelor #2 is not only a one-eyed stick figure man, but also has a cane for his lame leg and is holding his chest due his heart condition. Clearly this little black book belongs to a gold digger.

Rosie

One Too Many
Tin Pan Sally said:
Bachelor #2 is not only a one-eyed stick figure man, but also has a cane for his lame leg and is holding his chest due his heart condition. Clearly this little black book belongs to a gold digger.

That is too funny for words, you crack me up! lol I just bust out laughing in the teacher's lounge, now they all think I'm nuts, well.... nuttier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy