Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my Top Hat...

clevispin

One of the Regulars
bat_meredith_penguin.jpg

waah waah waah waah

sorry.

m

WEEGEE

Practically Family
AGAIN YOU look great...

Tony,

The first time i wore my tOp hAt in public was to an art gallery opening...and don't forget the spats.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Top Hat #2

I can't have just one, especially when another one in wonderful shape shows up on that auction site in exactly my size. A bargain, too!

This one's an Adam, and it's almost perfect except that the sweatband needs re-stitching. (the seller disclosed that, no worries)

Here goes... click on the smaller pics for the full-size image:

AdamTopHat03.jpg

This one's taller (5-3/4" crown) than my Singewald, (5-1/4") so if I "High Hat" somebody in this one, they stay High-Hatted! :)

Topper

Vendor
I still have a few more that you hehehe :lol

Looks fine, though you need morning-dress or evening-wear with it. The Topper started to go out of everyday fashion after the turn of the 20th century.

As a 'Tail'coat was no longer worn all the time, and modern short jacket was worn instead. The Topper looked off-balanced without tails and it is less pleasing to the eye... Which is why the boater and bowler became more favourable, as were closer to the crown of the head, and did not off-balance perspective.

So some evening tails/dinner jacket (note: it is not suit, but a jacket), and morning coat (note: is not a jacket but a coat) will soon have you looking resplendent old chap!
:eusa_clap

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
It's definately you.

You look good in this hat, (and pretty much any other too) just add a monocle and your good to go joy riding in your zeppelin. :)
But seriously, the top hat just doesn't get it with most guys, they can't pull that look off. Looks like the hat was made for you though.

Topper

Vendor
Photo hard to see on my screen, most people in it look like they have short suit coats on, so fedora, boater, bowler would work best.

With the tailcoat, depends on which function one is attending. Rule of thumb is:

Pre 6pm: Morning dress tailcoat
Post 6pm: Evening wear tailcoat

If opera/theater then a black collapsable top hat in order. If day-time then black or other coloured topper, if Royal Ascot then a Grey fur felt Topper with Grey morning dress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany