Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got to share a little LW love

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Now this has nothing to do with the whole issues being bantered about regarding other horse jacket manufacturers cause frankly I dig them too!!!but I have to tell you about an unknown person who got with Stuart at Lost Worlds and worked up one of the coolest jackets that I have ever seen. They started with a Lee's Jeans Jacket (god forbid it has Snaps) and added side pockets and an Interior Pocket. Then added one of the most gorgeous Sheepskin (removable collars) (0h gawd more snaps) and came up with one of the coolest damn jackets I have ever seen. Then of all things he put it up on eBay.

Well yes I got it but the Craftsmanship, the Design........ I am in HORSE Heaven!!!!! I like all my other jackets and have no intention of selling any (except of course the heavily patina'd Indian Ranger from Aero that is currently on the bay).

Stuart if you are Lurking out there........ I gots to tell ya man....You Done Good!!!

Damn how do you add photos with a frigging I Pad I got them over to my photo bucket but there are no icons for inserting the shots.... Am I Screwed by Apple????

Help please

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Now this has nothing to do with the whole issues being bantered about regarding other horse jacket manufacturers cause frankly I dig them too!!!but I have to tell you about an unknown person who got with Stuart at Lost Worlds and worked up one of the coolest jackets that I have ever seen. They started with a Lee's Jeans Jacket (god forbid it has Snaps) and added side pockets and an Interior Pocket. Then added one of the most gorgeous Sheepskin (removable collars) (0h gawd more snaps) and came up with one of the coolest damn jackets I have ever seen. Then of all things he put it up on eBay.

Well yes I got it but the Craftsmanship, the Design........ I am in HORSE Heaven!!!!! I like all my other jackets and have no intention of selling any (except of course the heavily patina'd Indian Ranger from Aero that is currently on the bay).

Stuart if you are Lurking out there........ I gots to tell ya man....You Done Good!!!

Damn how do you add photos with a frigging I Pad I got them over to my photo bucket but there are no icons for inserting the shots.... Am I Screwed by Apple????

Help please

Ok I will not be undone by bloody Apple.....I went down the Hall of the Williamsburg Hampton Inn (I am obviously on the road selling my ass off for the good of the Printing World) and found there Online Office and am adding photos galore....

image-4.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

image.jpg

I will overcome technology by Gawd no matter how old I am!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
That is one piece of fine craftsmanship sir!

And you couldn't ask a better fit for a second-hand jacket, It looks like it was made for you all along!

thor

Call Me a Cab

And you couldn't ask a better fit for a second-hand jacket, It looks like it was made for you all along!

Very cool jacket! LW does make awesome jackets with the best workmanship I have ever seen. Wear it in good health!

schitzo

Suspended
I'd say that's Technology 0 WIlbur 1.

Usually it's the other way round with people asking for fit pics - but if you should feel like dealing technology another beat down I for one could tolerate some close ups of the jacket itself. Looks like a goodun from here

All the best
Schitz

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I'd say that's Technology 0 WIlbur 1.

Usually it's the other way round with people asking for fit pics - but if you should feel like dealing technology another beat down I for one could tolerate some close ups of the jacket itself. Looks like a goodun from here

All the best
Schitz

I am on the road through Friday but once I get back I will take some shots with the Nikon.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Love the collar!

It's detachable but it ain't coming off. The collar really holds it shape to, no hot water needed here. The more I wear this the more I like it. It was in the 40's today and I was able to get in some good wear. I think once the horsehide starts breaking in I will truly have a "keeper".

Peacoat

Bartender
Nice jacket, Wilbur. Will probably be a good MC as well.

With the iPad, copy the IMG code from Photobucket and paste it where you want the photo to appear. Don't have to worry about no stinkin' icons!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, that jacket really looks good on you and appears to be a great fit. What can you tell us of the design of the detachable fur collar and how it attaches to the jacket?

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Nice jacket, Wilbur. Will probably be a good MC as well.

With the iPad, copy the IMG code from Photobucket and paste it where you want the photo to appear. Don't have to worry about no stinkin' icons!

Hi Peacoat:

Hopefully I will be back at the house before posting any more photos. The I Phone 3s doesn't give near the quality of my Nikon and since we are all about details I will wait for now. However this is great info for future use.

Can't use this one on the bike as the sleeves fall under that connotation of "perfect fit" and would be too short for riding. I have an excellent Bootlegger and an LW Trojan for riding so this one works for business casual which is cool for me.

Wilbur

Wilbur

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

Thank you SpeedRcrx

You know I am still digging your peacoat! I showed your photos of the LW Goat to my daughter last weekend and we both thought you made the perfect choice by going with Goat. She has some jacket history as well. Many years ago Ken Calder made her a mid weight horse highwayman. She was 10 years old and she made that jacket last until she was 18. At 21 she is wearing a vintage Harley Davidson jacket. I know as she moves forward into adult life she will be a true leather jacket aficionado like yourself. We both like your Aero Halfbelt and have considered that style for her in the future.

Wilbur

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice piece of hide OTH... Hope you enjoy it for years to come. What was the total list of "customizations" that had done? I'd have bought a LW already but their price premiums for chest size put them out of my price range.

Worf

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Wilbur, that jacket really looks good on you and appears to be a great fit. What can you tell us of the design of the detachable fur collar and how it attaches to the jacket?

Hi Fanch:

Thanks, it is standard LW detachable Collar. It has 4 snaps on the inside and 1 on the back. The best thing is Stuart did not adjust the standard collar on the jean jacket and the 2 end snaps are hardly noticeable when the fur is off as all the snaps are black. I just dig the damn fur collar so much I won't take it off.

Wilbur

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Nice piece of hide OTH... Hope you enjoy it for years to come. What was the total list of "customizations" that had done? I'd have bought a LW already but their price premiums for chest size put them out of my price range.

Worf

Hey Worf:

The customizations were:

A. Detachable Fur collar
B. Interior Pocket (seller mentioned this in the description but I would bet that is standard or minimal cost)
C. This one has way cool side pockets and they are slanted which is excellent! Deep too which makes it nice. (When I left the Army in 71 I gave up not putting my hands in my pockets....sort of exercising real freedom if you know what I mean). The Standard LW Jean Jacket does not come with side pockets.

Everything else is pretty much standard except that the sleeves are not as long as a regular 46 which works to my favor as I am 5' 8".

Wilbur

Edward

Bartender
Would be interesting to see a couple of photos of the collar attachment, given recent discussions of the difficulties associated with a good fit for these. I have a LW B3, and the quality is outstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic