Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gray Adventurebilt, SOLD

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
There's not a thing wrong with this beauty... except that it's too small for me. It's one of Steve's that has had two owners, and only been worn a couple of times. This luckless hat probably has abandonment issues, now.:eusa_booh

Anyway, the insde sweat measures 22 5/8" or 22 3/4" (half the time I get one result, the other half I get the other!). It's such a great hat, and I hate to give it up. It took me months to convince myself of the painful (and tight) truth. :cry:
Gray, with a black ribbon. I bashed it Indy style, but the brim and crown are larger than the standard Indy. I'm going to ask $175 shipped (within the U.S. only, please). It is practically new, and no long wait!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/michaelgarcia13/album/576460762352689678

NB

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
Price is probably right. I suspect we all come bouncing in here expectantly holding our collective breath to see what size it is and then, sigh and reluctantly go away. Now if it were 7 3/4.........

Good luck,
Paul

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Have you tried over at the Obie Wan site?

Not-Bogart13 said:
This post is up to 109 views and not the slightest bit of interest has been expressed. Am I asking too much?

I personally would ONLY buy a vintage looking (ie. Bogart or Cagney 1940's) hat. For $200, you can add just a bit more and get a NEW custom hat from someone else...I just think that, although nothing wrong with this hat, the Indy thing is not a sure fire seller over here. IMHO. Good luck. Try ebay also.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Size

Not-Bogart13,

What does it measure 23, 23 1/8, 23 1/4...???

Thank you,

WeeGee

SHARPETOYS
A new one is $225.00 custom made to fit/style.... I think if you asked $150 to $175 it will sell.

I agree...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
My Jaw has Dropped

Wee Gee, I have measured this thing several times, not beleiving my results. How this could be considered 7 3/8 is beyond me. I should have measured it from the start. I get 22 5/8" or 22 3/4" (about and even split in number of results. Ouch! :eek:

Given the responses above, I will be changing price and sizing info in the first post. Sorry about that guys. :eek: I should know better.
NB

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Although a wee too big for me (I am 7 1/8 to 7 1/4), I would be interested except I already have a gray fedora from Steve.

To get a fairly new hat from Adventurebilt would be a steal at that reduced price.

Sigh!

karol

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Somebody does...

I will hopefully be able to provide a happy, comfortable home for this wayward hat. Because no hat should be without a happy home.

Regards,

RC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran