Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Great Coat" in the middle of summer

Flieger

Practically Family
OK, now it's official: Flieger is stark raving mad. Instead of having cool drinks in the sun, he's sawing buttons into his Swedish Army Great Coat, dreaming of slow strolls in the autumn fog. Yeah, I admit I like the fall better then the summer when it comes to clothing.

Anyway, here's the coat that's going to warm me when the leafs starts to drop from the trees:

Great_Coat.jpg

I've had this in my storage for a few years but it hanged there without buttons and an open seam in the sleeve lining. Today I took pity on it after being inspired by "Jack Harkness" coat in TORCHWOOD. :eek:

It's a Swedish size "150" which makes it a C50 Long - About 44 inches.

/Flieger

Edward

Bartender
I like the change of the seasons, myself - it's nice to have the variety... I hate the heat of high Summer, though -benig a Celt, I'm not designed to cope in heat greater than about 21 degrees C....

Nice coat. I've had the Jack Harkness look niggling at me for a bit too - I'm halfway tempted to pretty much replicate that outfit.... I'm not sure I have enough of the Dan Dare look about me to pull it off, though! :rolleyes:

Flieger

Practically Family
Edward said:
I like the change of the seasons, myself - it's nice to have the variety... I hate the heat of high Summer, though -benig a Celt, I'm not designed to cope in heat greater than about 21 degrees C....

Nice coat. I've had the Jack Harkness look niggling at me for a bit too - I'm halfway tempted to pretty much replicate that outfit.... I'm not sure I have enough of the Dan Dare look about me to pull it off, though! :rolleyes:

I don't look much like Jack Harkness either... that's why I wrote "inspired by". :D HIS coat is way cooler though but I guess that's a custom job based on the RAF great coat?
jack05.jpg

jack06.jpg

/F

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Flieger said:
I don't look much like Jack Harkness either... that's why I wrote "inspired by". :D HIS coat is way cooler though but I guess that's a custom job based on the RAF great coat?
jack05.jpg

jack06.jpg

/F

Thats the coat I have been looking for!!!!!!:eek:
Where can I get it

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Swedish army surplus I suppose Spitty :D

Actually I think I saw one or two the same or similar at the army surplus store here in Trondheim on Fjordgt.

If you want I can check tomorrow for you...

Flieger

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Thats the coat I have been looking for!!!!!!:eek:
Where can I get it

Wish I knew...:( As I said, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job made for the series. But I'd love to hear from someone who has a RAF coat to compare with.

/F

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Swedish army surplus I suppose Spitty :D

Actually I think I saw one or two the same or similar at the army surplus store here in Trondheim on Fjordgt.

If you want I can check tomorrow for you...

Thanks Smithy - I guesse its the RAF Great Coat I am after. It has a great cut and - not the least - colour!

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
RAF greatcoat

Postwar RAF greatcoat, standard issue. In a surplus shop near you. If you are in the UK. Look on the Bay. They turn up regularly. There is a customised one on now - made to look like a British Warm.

Alan

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Congrats!

Great_Coat.jpg

This is a superb coat this or the other way!
Is it a heavy one?
It looks rugged.
I'm 100% sure it is a warm one.

Wear it well!:)

Regards:

Tom

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Thanks Smithy - I guesse its the RAF Great Coat I am after. It has a great cut and - not the least - colour!

Okey-dokey, I just mentioned it as when I was in the shop last week there were some "air force" blue overcoats there. I didn't look at them closely, but I imagine they're ex-services - maybe RNoAF.

Flieger

Practically Family
HungaryTom said:
This is a superb coat this or the other way!
Is it a heavy one?
It looks rugged.
I'm 100% sure it is a warm one.

Wear it well!:)

Regards:

Tom

Thank you Tom!

The coat is quite rugged. It weighs 2,3Kg (about 5 lbs) It's warm, but not too warm. The size let me wear a sweather with it if I so choose. The Swedish Army used a number of variations (in color) on this type of coat. I think this one was used by the Costal Artillery branch... Regular army had gray ones and the Airforce and Navy - dark blue.

/F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany