Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great hat stores in Germany

le.gentleman

Familiar Face
Gentleman,

Since mayserwegener started this awesome thread about German / Austrian hats, I wanted to introduce a fantastic hat store here in Hamburg, Germany. The store - Hutatelier Beermann - is run by bespoke hat maker Diter Beermann. He his a very pleasant, pipe smoking, fifth generation bespoke hatmaker and in his store you can find about 20,000 hats. However, he also offers a full bespoke hat service for men and women. You can specify everything you want and they are absolutely willing and capable to do it. Clients from allover the world travel to Hamburg in order to get bespoke hats made there.
Recently, I had a chance to visit his store and it was quite impressive. Other than that, I have to say that he is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work. Now his daughter wants to continue the business which was founded in 1856.
In the heydays, they had 5 hat stores across Hamburg. Today, there is just one store left. Luckily, the premises are family owned and hence chances are they will stay in business for the foreseeable future.

The store is a real gem and you should not miss it in case you are in the northern part of Germany!

His homepage can be found here:

http://www.hut-atelier.de/

That's him:
beermann.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
That looks like an interesting one! Will definately pay the Gentleman a visit, when in Hamburg, next time.

Thank you for the reference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff