Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just got an email from Gustin, they're wrapping up production and shipping on all August orders this week. Actually, quite excited. :D

mattface

Practically Family
I took a chance with the shirt, it may be a bit too small for me, according to their fit chart the XL only has a 16.5 neck I normally wear a 17.5.. But I don't plan on wearing a tie with it..I'll get a picture up when I get it.. I'll also post pictures of the other jeans when I get them back from DenimTherapy.

Interested to hear how it fits. I think I'm between a L and XL. THere is no way the neck will fit on either though.

wdw

One Too Many
I have a couple of things ordered, but my rule of thumb was always to allow about 30% and you wouldn't be far off.

The new grey/blacks look interesting.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
I received a pair of the Indigo/Indigo a couple of days ago. Ordered June 28th. Very deep, dark blue - almost black. Exactly what I was hoping for. The only problem is that the size 36 is way to small. I couldn't even come close to buttoning the second button, let alone the top one. I figured myself to be a 38, so I went with the 36 (their size chart says it measures 36.5) because I thought it would stretch and I really prefer a lower mid rise. Well, anyhow, I emailed Gustin and they're checking to see what they have on hand in a 38 that I can swap them out for. Hopefully something good!

I received a pair of the Indigo/Indigo a couple of days ago. Ordered June 28th. Very deep, dark blue - almost black. Exactly what I was hoping for. The only problem is that the size 36 is way to small. I couldn't even come close to buttoning the second button, let alone the top one. I figured myself to be a 38, so I went with the 36 (their size chart says it measures 36.5) because I thought it would stretch and I really prefer a lower mid rise. Well, anyhow, I emailed Gustin and they're checking to see what they have on hand in a 38 that I can swap them out for. Hopefully something good!
Measure your actual waist. Tags are useless. It will save you grief down the road.

53Effie

A-List Customer
My Heavy Americans arrived today and I'm happy with them. They seem to be very well made. I ordered my regular size 36 and they were a bit snug at the waist at first, but are loosening up already after about an hour of wear. I sure wouldn't dare wash them at this point though. Super Heavies coming next month. Hopefully, the fit will be as good. Gustin has my recommendation thus far anyway.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Btw..I received an email that chambray shirt has shipped.

Well I got the shirt.. as I said in an earlier post, I took a chance with the size, as the fit chart has the XL measuring on the small side. And I Lost.. the shirt is way too small, the sleeves are tight the chest is tight, anybody accustomed to an "American" XL will be disappointed. the shirt fits like a medium at best.. Looks like I bought my first Christmas gift already..
The chambray is real nice, with a selvage edge running up the inside and placket. I recommend it to anyone who can squeeze into it

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
That's the problem with a lot of these denim shops. Getting the fit right is a hard task.
I am not a big fan of slim fit stuff. An a lot of these jeans an shirts are slim fit.

wdw

One Too Many
Too bad Boyo. I'm tempted by the shirts too, but don't fancy buying it as a present either.

What measurements are you, what did Gustin say it would be and what was it in the flesh?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
This is the fit guide from the gustin website:
Size XL
Chest (1" down underarm seam) 47 1/2
Waist (6" down underarm) 45 1/2
Center back length 31 3/8
Sleeve length from center back 36
Neck opening 16 1/2

With the exception of the neck measurement I'm close to all the other XL measurements (my neck is 17.5) the sleeves are very tight ( too many biceps curls) the chest is very tight as well, I can button it but if the buttons broke loose they would explode like shrapnel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace