Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair colours

Giben

New in Town
Hey all,

This is my first post here i know it doesnt go with the golden era but it is a problem that sort of ruining my impression,
i have red hair unfortunately it has been accidentally sun bleached to like a bright strawberry blonde this reallly ruins my impression because it is way too distinctive in a black suit or a grey fedora origionally it was like a reddish alburn, i really want to regain that colour without dying.

i am hoping some females here could help me out,
i feel really stupid for asking this but it has been a big problem.

thanks for listening.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I don't know if you could use or have the hairdresser use a semi-permanent dye with stuff in it that also treats your hair. Excuse the poor explanation of this. It's pre-coffee time here.lol Meanwhile, if there's any more sunny weather, wear a hat, and use hair sun screen products.

Do you have long enough hair to cut some of it off and have a shorter hairstyle? You should definitely get a trim promptly!

Giben

New in Town
thanks,
i am gonna get a hair cut if i ever get time i dont really want to use chemicals i just thought there could be a way to regrow the hair in the origional colour but it has been years since the sun got it and nothing has happened it feels like waring nikes with a tux.

goig to the natural colouring side would coffe work?
would it stay in if wet, i dont want it to stain my shirt.

thanks for the reply!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
There's unfortunately no way to get your hair to change colour without dying it. Coffee would not work! Why don't you go to Holland and Barratt and check out their harsh chemical-free dyes? There are a lot of much milder semi-permanent dyes out there that will subtly darken your hair and will fade away meaning no obvious regrowth. But your best bet is probably going to a hairdressers if you wnt to match your natural colour perfectly. :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
You could always try a henna rinse. Henna is all natural and Egyptians used it thousands of years ago to give their black hair a red sheen. It's worth a try, and it's organic :)

-Rebecca

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
But remember...anything you do...is going to eventually fade again...

and perhaps not fade in a -nice- way...so you are either comitting to re-doing it ....or you might as well stick with the natural sun bleached ....

Not sure why it is so bad?

Giben

New in Town
thanks for te replys,
the sun bleach is too distinctive with a grey hat the origional colour was nice and warm coloured which blened in.
i am not ashamed with red hair its just the sun has made it look fake.

Giben

New in Town
i just forgot something,
you know like when your hair is wet it is darker when my hair is wet it like almost goes back to how it used to be is there any hair product/ natural homemade way to make hair look dull?

hope you understand me

Anwen

New in Town
Giben said:
i just forgot something,
you know like when your hair is wet it is darker when my hair is wet it like almost goes back to how it used to be is there any hair product/ natural homemade way to make hair look dull?

hope you understand me

You could try something like Brylcreem, perhaps? Or Coconut Oil, which you can buy in a little tub from Superdrug, or sometimes in supermarkets in the food section - it's literally just a tub of coconut oil, which is an excellent moisturiser and heavy-duty conditioner, and I sometimes saturate my hair with it and leave it in when the hair's in a really bad way, and it does definitely make it look a little darker, though obviously it also looks sort of greasy. Might look fine on short hair, though?

crwritt

One Too Many
Giben, look at the shampoos and conditioners in the store. There are some with a tint in them, for maintaining your hair color.The color would last from shampoo to shampoo.This would be less drastic than dyeing your hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy