Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Very classy haircut Benny. What kind of pomade do you use to style it?
This my typical cut, has been for years:

View attachment 6460

View attachment 6461

View attachment 6462

There are a lot of Rockabilly guys with this style of haircut, not sure how that works, seeing as the style is 20+ years before Rockabilly. What happened to the Elvis-via-Tony Curtis look etc? Anyway, the sides and back of my hair are tapered down to a number 1, at the top it is long enough to reach my eyes when combed forward.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n19bsjIODL1t6yu02o7_1280.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are defintely right, I recently got a short back and sides faded to 0 down low and for a couple days after the cut I had used royal crown hairdressing but instead of slicking the part back i kept it more slanted toward the side and I got "Heil Hitler" 2 different times in 3 days. it was really annoying its not like I had the little moustache:)

Sorry to pull this old post up but I was going back through old posts thinking about changing my haircut up and saw this. I just have to say I thought "hey it's Indiana Jones" was annoying!

Flat Foot Floey

"My" barber won an international American Crew competition this week (first picture in the slide show). He does a real good fade and I think it's a good sign that classic styles are chosen over the more modern "bed hair" and fluffy looks. I just hope he doesn't rise the prices now. haha :p

Benny Holiday

Very classy haircut Benny. What kind of pomade do you use to style it?

Missed this thread for a while somehow, so apologies for the belated reply BB. I use Yardley English Lavender Brilliantine, holds nice and smells great. I combine it with Tuscany cologne and it's been my signature scent for over 20 years. When I was a young'un all the girls loved it, not sure how many dates it got me though! :rolleyes: My wife still loves it after 14 years so I can't be doing too bad!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
A few of those pictures do have pointed sideburns. That's something I've taken to doing over the last few months. I've more or less been getting the same or similar haircuts for four years, by now. It's tapered sides and back, with the front down to the bottom of my eyebrows. I usually get a cut between a month and a week, or an additional week later.

Last edited:

Enrico Alessio

New in Town
I'm from Italy and during the 50s and 60s we used Brillantina Linetti
linetti580.jpg

But I have some problems...the day after I put it, it makes a bad looking effect, like greasy and dirty hair...How to solve it?

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Before I used Brylcreem, I slicked my hair back without any product. As a result of my wavy hair, it poofed up. Last October, I started using Brylcreem. However, this January, I switched to a left side part, and I showed my hair stylist this picture of Jimmy Stewart, but I asked her to change the part to the other side. However, I was wondering if I could get that style cut shorter, or cut to work better with Brylcreem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic