Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Only 10 and half hours left of 2009 - Thank you to all, I have had the pleasure of "meeting" and "talking to" in 2009.
To friends in US, Australia, UK and all over the rest of Europe.
Happy New Year :cheers1: You are great company!

See you all again in 2010!

Foofoogal

Banned
Yes, may we all as the Human race have a most peaceful, prosperous New Year. May we all not look back and look forward.
Happy New Year everyone.
I love the sound of it.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
18 minutes into 2010 here

10NengaEnglish.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Another instance of why the Lounge is SOOO cool. Happy New Year, Medicine Lady! And Spitfire! And Foofoo! And everybody else! 11 hours and 53 minutes to go here.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Auld Acquaintance...and New

I appeared on these shores back in March...and the FL has, somewhat to my surprise, become a fixed part of my mental universe. When I've mentioned it to acquaintances, I've been nonplussed to describe it exactly; It usually comes out something like: "an eclectic mixture of folks interested in traditional male fashion, mostly of the period 1920–1950; hat fetishists; hat makers; WWII reenactors; Swing dancers; leather jacket queens; amateur historians; collectors with a capital "C"....well, you get the idea. Somehow or other, it all hangs together."

Well...whatever the components, the sum is definitely a grand thing, and has been a great joy. I've learned a great deal and had a great time doing it. As has often been remarked: particularly given such a broad base, the level of deportment around here is remarkable for its civility; this is something to be cherished.

Thanks to all of you, and especially to the various functionaries that make it all work, mostly behind the scenes.

A very happy, healthy, and prosperous new-year to all of us is the wish of

"Skeet" McD

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... I've been nonplussed to describe it exactly; It usually comes out something like: "an eclectic mixture of folks interested in traditional male fashion, ...

Ahem, there are hundred if not thousands of women's fashion threads in the Lounge.

Seems an appropriate place to make an entrance.

Welcome! Pop in to the new member thread at the top of the Observation Bar too so no one misses you.

May we all not look back and look forward.

Isn't looking back what this is all about?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Be safe, be kind, be happy.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Happy New Year!

I seem to have spent most of my time in the Outerwear Forum so it's probably as good a place as any to wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.

As for 2010 - I look forward to seeing your new leather jackets, Pea coats, great coats, rain coats, jackets and all things outerwear.

As for myself, I am waiting on the arrival of new Aero and a 60's Peacoat so the new year is already looking promising :)

Have a good one.

Cheers

Peacoat

Bartender
And Happy New Year to you, my English friend. I hope the new Peacoat is a better fit than the last one. Good luck to you. Stay dry and warm over there in the Old Country.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
... I've been nonplussed to describe it exactly; It usually comes out something like: "an eclectic mixture of folks interested in traditional male fashion, ...

Ahem, there are hundred if not thousands of women's fashion threads in the Lounge.

Yes, indeed: and the more, the merrier. But I still stand by my original intent: it's the fact that traditional MALE fashion is the belwether--as the very name of the lounge would suggest--with an attached powder room that is remarkable. Usually, I think, it's quite the other way 'round. I'm sure you gathered from the "but you get the idea" at the end that the list is in no way intended to be complete, just a sampling....

Happy New Year!
"Skeet"

Chas

One Too Many
Yes, have a most happy and prosperous New Year!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYkjz-6nic8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYkjz-6nic8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edward

Bartender
Happy New Year, folks! As I type this in London, it's 5.42am; I got home from another stunning White Mischief event (which I attended in full white tie, including vintage opera hat and tailcoat which bears the label of a London tailor and a date in 1933) approximately two hours ago, but have not yet felt ready to sleep.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Fearful symmetry

Happy New Year!
Happy New 2010!
Happy new 2nd decade of the 3rd millenium.
There are 98 more to come - still some room for a few new headgear fashions:D .

The 2000s begun with a pre announced hoax of the Y2K bug so that airplanes will drop from the sky and everythig will collapse overnight. Than shortly the next year the bursting of the technology bubble and 9/11 followed - airplanes really dropped from the sky. At the foreclosure of this warrior decade, finally if the war wasn't enough, this crisiscrisiscrisis in 2008 finally came in while all along the climate was hothothot. All our fellow animals were sick: cows were mad, than chicken had flu and lately our swine too. Happy End: last Christmas finally the airplane did not drop but one idiot trying to light his smoking candle did.
This new decade has already another "pre-announced" threat, this 21 dec 2012 namely. Does this mean that this "long decade" of pre-announced hoaxes and menaces will finally cease in less than 3 more years we are finally off the hook?
I sincerely hope that my fav. animal will survive its own year (poachers) in the wild and 2011 will still see Tyger! Tyger! burning bright - In the forests of the night ....its stripes will not serve him as good camouflage for his life-long sentence behind bars whether it is in private collections, zoos or farms.

FL and finding it with many great members was definitely one of the positive things of the 2000s . I hope you all will live a decent life in the next 10 years. I wish you all the best of health love and happiness.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo