Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HARLEY x Real McCoy x Jason Momoa Horse hide D pocket 1940s

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Just released.
Seems legit. Doesn't say Shinki but it sure looks like it. Only 120 made. Not sure if that is per size or total?

1000024585.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_123020_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20231109_123028_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That line was excellent. My friend has the NZ long coat. I compared it with my original and it is the best reproduction I have ever seen.

That line was very short lived. Only '96 to '97 I think, then they moved to Korea. Which is also not bad, but the New Zealand jackets was probably more true to original, NOS zippers and vintage wool linings.

I also haven't seen any bigger sizes in these jackets, and they run small to begin with like the Buco's. Still crossing my fingers that I find them in 44/46.

There is also a Harley Aviator jacket that I hope would get repro'ed. That was from when Harley was still selling jackets instead of licensing them.
IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.JPG

Warp and Woof from Japan made repros of it, but they've gone under now. This aviator design is very useful and the prewar cutting works well in modern times, than the over modified champs.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That line was very short lived. Only '96 to '97 I think, then they moved to Korea. Which is also not bad, but the New Zealand jackets was probably more true to original, NOS zippers and vintage wool linings.

I also haven't seen any bigger sizes in these jackets, and they run small to begin with like the Buco's. Still crossing my fingers that I find them in 44/46.

There is also a Harley Aviator jacket that I hope would get repro'ed. That was from when Harley was still selling jackets instead of licensing them.
View attachment 559184
View attachment 559185
View attachment 559186
View attachment 559187

Warp and Woof from Japan made repros of it, but they've gone under now. This aviator design is very useful and the prewar cutting works well in modern times, than the over modified champs.
Ralph Lauren made a repro too.

IMG_0701.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
Definitely isn’t a true repro and there have been much more accurate repros than this. The shape of the D pocket is way off and the right side flap pocket is way too long compared to the originals.

I like it for what it is though, a jacket that’s based on the original cycle champs. I also like how they rounded off the edges of the flap pockets compared to the straight edge cut of the originals which I don’t like. Can’t really tell from the pictures of the models wearing the jacket, but it looks like it’s a nicely fitting jacket.

Here are my original cycle champs.

Early 50’s second edition.
IMG_1330.jpeg

Mid 50’s third edition.
IMG_1330.jpeg

Mid 50’s fourth “Elvis” edition.
IMG_3758.jpeg

That is a very nice jacket. Do you have any fit images?

I’ll post fit pics of my second edition when I get back from work today.

I have not seen a cycle king bigger than a 42.

I also used to own a late 40’s first edition. It was a big size, probably 44 or 46 and as such I traded it with a buddy of mine.

IMG_1400.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 35

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Definitely isn’t a true repro and there have been much more accurate repros than this. The shape of the D pocket is way off and the right side flap pocket is way too long compared to the originals.

I like it for what it is though, a jacket that’s based on the original cycle champs. I also like how they rounded off the edges of the flap pockets compared to the straight edge cut of the originals which I don’t like. Can’t really tell from the pictures of the models wearing the jacket, but it looks like it’s a nicely fitting jacket.

View attachment 559221

Mid 50’s third edition.
View attachment 559220

View attachment 559217

I also used to own a late 40’s first edition. It was a big size, probably 44 or 46 and as such I traded it with a buddy of mine.

View attachment 559222 View attachment 559223
It is crazy to me some of you have the originals.

The hide looks nice. But I pass. What were they thinking? Vanson produced a much better design.

I was gonna say. My Vanson is more on point so I’ll move along. But I wouldn’t kick this jacket out of bed. It is what it is.

Love all the OGs.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 559221

Mid 50’s third edition.
View attachment 559220

View attachment 559217

View attachment 559222 View attachment 559223
Love the jackets. The cycle kings are beautiful designs. I specially like the cycle kings with the wool plate lining. The cycle champs are also very nice. The brown cycle champ is one have ever see from that time period.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I love this designed. When it came out it reminded me of an original jacket that was displayed at my favorite Melrose store in the 80's. I have seen the original advertisement in the flesh and dated 1937. However, I have seen some designs similar dated 1932?
At any rate, I always wondered who was the actual maker of the jacket.
Here are the images of the jacket. Curtesy of http://afine-toothcomb.blogspot.com/2017/08/in-review-early-days-of-rider-real.html I also believe the owner posted here before.
IMG_9 back 288.jpg
IM front G_9270.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
Love the jackets. The cycle kings are beautiful designs. I specially like the cycle kings with the wool plate lining. The cycle champs are also very nice. The brown cycle champ is one have ever see from that time period.
Cycle Kings? Do you mean Cycle Champs?

I’ve never seen any advertisements with the model name “cycle king”, only “cycle champs”.

The earliest first edition ones were just called “leather jacket”

IMG_4482.jpeg

Only mention of the word “king” was in this advertisement from 1951 for the second edition but this was just a headline for the advert, calling it “The King of Motorcycle Jackets”, not the model name. Model was still just called “men’s leather jacket”

IMG_4499.jpeg

All other later advertisements I’ve seen for this jacket, the model name is Cycle Champ.
IMG_4500.jpeg
IMG_4501.jpeg

If you’ve seen an advertisement with the model name Cycle King, please share, maybe I’ve been calling them the wrong name all these years lol

At any rate, I always wondered who was the actual maker of the jacket.

Could have been so many different makers for HD but based on the style, I’d imagine a west coast maker. Here’s an advertisement for the jacket from 1938.

IMG_4502.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Cycle Kings? Do you mean Cycle Champs?

I’ve never seen any advertisements with the model name “cycle king”, only “cycle champs”.

The earliest first edition ones were just called “leather jacket”

View attachment 559269

Only mention of the word “king” was in this advertisement from 1951 for the second edition but this was just a headline for the advert, calling it “The King of Motorcycle Jackets”, not the model name. Model was still just called “men’s leather jacket”

View attachment 559270

All other later advertisements I’ve seen for this jacket, the model name is Cycle Champ.
View attachment 559271 View attachment 559272

If you’ve seen an advertisement with the model name Cycle King, please share, maybe I’ve been calling them the wrong name all these years lol

Could have been so many different makers for HD but based on the style, I’d imagine a west coast maker. Here’s an advertisement for the jacket from 1938.

View attachment 559273
I have seen the cycle king advertisement from 1947. I will locate the image and share. I believe that the first image might be erroneously publish.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
Just saw this on IG. Looks like it’s actually an accurate repro (edit - right flap pocket still looks a bit long on the repro) Don’t think I’ve seen it before. Looks to be a super early version. Want to look back at all my photos now. Here’s the link to the IG post of the video.

IMG_4504.png

jeo

One Too Many
Yup here it is (same jacket posted twice by same shop). I follow them but this one wasn’t in my saved posts. Only example I found.

Collar shape is different and looks like it has hidden button snaps on the bottom lapels, d pocket shape is different, flap pockets are different with rounded edges, epaulets are different (longer)

IMG_4513.jpeg
IMG_4515.jpeg
IMG_4516.jpeg
IMG_4517.jpeg
IMG_4518.jpeg
IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4520.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member