Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HARLEY x Real McCoy x Jason Momoa Horse hide D pocket 1940s

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This is one of the images I was referring to. However, I need to locate the image with the king and queen's name attached. The late 40's version had square pockets on both sides, wool plaid lining in four colors, chain spots, and reinforced belt support. Belts were available for an additional fee. I have one that came with my jacket, they have nice embossing on them. One version of the jacket in the early 1950s had cotton ling and different spots.
Later the jacket came in quilted lining and no belt reinforcement design. Several different spots were also used.

In the description of the jacket. Thin and pliable HH was advertised advantage in leather comfort
original 1947.jpg

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
@photo2u here’s how my early 50’s second version fits. I almost never take it out because I have the sleeves stuffed and it’s a pain in my ass to stuff it back and forth.

Horsehide is spectacular. Thick and squeaky. Still has a strong horsehide smell. The horsehide on the later 50’s versions are nowhere near as nice. Amazing HH on the late 40’s jackets as well of course.

Please excuse the angry face, it’s raining so I’m squinting a bit lol

These fit amazing! I don’t ride but they’d be perfect on the bike. Lots of room up top but not a big shoulder measurement, just a lot of room in the back upper body. Long sleeves. Very narrow waist.

IMG_4524.jpeg
IMG_4525.jpeg
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I'm very tempted. Was looking at all the different vintage photos online last night, there were different plaid liners, like Photo mentioned, I found yellow, green and red, and all had a bit different detail than the other, two had invisible snap like this repro and one had visible snap. And different jackets had bottom band and not. All in all I do really like the RMC Momoa jacket. Too bad the US dollars is just too strong now and that isn't a good deal for me on this side of the border. I really like these asymmetrical jackets with symmetrical pocket designs. Just like the Star Gloves and that allegedly earlier Trojan, two very useful patch pocket on each side. Hoping to score one on the used market down the road...

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
I'm very tempted. Was looking at all the different vintage photos online last night, there were different plaid liners, like Photo mentioned, I found yellow, green and red, and all had a bit different detail than the other, two had invisible snap like this repro and one had visible snap. And different jackets had bottom band and not. All in all I do really like the RMC Momoa jacket. Too bad the US dollars is just too strong now and that isn't a good deal for me on this side of the border. I really like these asymmetrical jackets with symmetrical pocket designs. Just like the Star Gloves and that allegedly earlier Trojan, two very useful patch pocket on each side. Hoping to score one on the used market down the road...

Here’s another
IMG_4533.jpeg

Here’s the jacket you posted earlier with a different back.

IMG_4496.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg
IMG_4484.jpeg

And here’s that early HD aviator.

IMG_9934.jpeg
IMG_9935.jpeg
IMG_9936.jpeg

The more I think about it, that alleged Trojan was most likely a Star Glove.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
I like the exaggerated lapels on the vintage and the rmc/momoa. Do you all think it is Shinki tea core? It just says veg tanned hh

Tfranks

New in Town
@photo2u here’s how my early 50’s second version fits. I almost never take it out because I have the sleeves stuffed and it’s a pain in my ass to stuff it back and forth.

Horsehide is spectacular. Thick and squeaky. Still has a strong horsehide smell. The horsehide on the later 50’s versions are nowhere near as nice. Amazing HH on the late 40’s jackets as well of course.

Please excuse the angry face, it’s raining so I’m squinting a bit lol

These fit amazing! I don’t ride but they’d be perfect on the bike. Lots of room up top but not a big shoulder measurement, just a lot of room in the back upper body. Long sleeves. Very narrow waist.

View attachment 559408 View attachment 559409 View attachment 559410 View attachment 559411 View attachment 559412 View attachment 559413
Spectacular looking jacket. Pretty boss

Reactions: jeo

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Anyone else seen that Momoa is part of a vintage cycle club called the "Crazy 88's" or somesuch?

Yeah, pretty cool presentation on social media.

Somehow never could shake that feeling that the „club“ only existed for documentary purposes, without anything going on that is not expertly pictured and published.
Probably unfair towards Momoa. For all I know he is a cool dude that is authentidally into all the stuff that we like here.

jeo

One Too Many
I wonder about the length on the repro. Can’t really tell from the their size chart. On the models they do look short like the originals. The thing is with the originals is that they are super duper short, too short for most people, especially the late 40’s versions which this one is based off of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy