Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harvey Hat

Madkat

New in Town
Does anyone out there know what brand of hat Jimmy Stewart was wearing for his role in the film "Harvey". I desperately need to know, and I also need to find out if it is something I can still purchase today.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Annex%20-%20Stewart,%20James%20(Harvey)_02.jpg

Annex%20-%20Stewart,%20James%20(Harvey)_01.jpg

4991359108_9e587e6b28_o.jpg
4991367134_6681a9c576.jpg

Madkat

New in Town
I think it's actually the hat underneath that one. I believe the top one belongs to Harvey. I say that because I believe I see Ear Holes in the top.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
You can purchase anything from Art Fawcett if you can show him the picture. I had him make an exact copy of the fedora Bogie wore in Tokyo Joe. He can do anything in the hat field.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
There seem to be two different hats used in screen caps and publicity stills. No real way to identify the make or the color for certain(although one looks black) Not a particularly unusual hat though.

Madkat

New in Town
Thank you Blackthorn. I will be checking into that. And thank you rlk for the GREAT reference pictures. I'm looking more for the one in the film instead of the publicity stills.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looks like quite the hole in the crown. Also check out the mismatched buttons on his knit vest. It wouldn't surprise me if the hat were intended to represent one from 10 or 15 years prior to the setting of the movie, worn nearly to the point of destruction. That would explain the shorter (raw edge?) brim and tall, deeply creased crown.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Looks like quite the hole in the crown. Also check out the mismatched buttons on his knit vest. It wouldn't surprise me if the hat were intended to represent one from 10 or 15 years prior to the setting of the movie, worn nearly to the point of destruction. That would explain the shorter (raw edge?) brim and tall, deeply creased crown.
Makes a lot of sense...clever. Suit seems older in style too.

Madkat

New in Town
That actually leads into my next question. Any ideas on the maker of the suit. I know that a lot of the older wardrobe departments made custom clothing to fit the actors role, but ANY information would certainly help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany