Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

One Too Many
A Fedora Folk

2299036550106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2302477550106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It´s a nice and funny pin on a mink Stetson, please, No much alcohol ¡¡¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you my friend

150719541 said:
I also love dogs, are wonderful, I think you too. and hats.[huh] [huh]

:eek:fftopic: Fourteen years is a long full life f/ a retriever, but ya' still miss 'em though, don't you? :cry:

mollyjake.jpg

It is one of the few reasons to have children. They are the pets who bury YOU!
lol

One Too Many
Teach by a Dog

I think so Rick, furthermore, Dogs teach even more, inside them, there are to many for learn, in one thread, I wrote something learned them:
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO EXPECT NOTHING, FOR THEY SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.;) ;) ;)

Rick Blaine

Old Stetson "MOTOR" lightweight w/ old Ford pin

150719541 said:
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO EXPECT NOTHING, FOR THEY SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.;) ;) ;)

Truer words were never spoken!

Back to topic fellas - new hat & new button. Ordinarily I prefer cloisonne pins or stamped metal/ vintage military pins, but this one was so compelling & I think caries with it some American Labor History. Apropos to the badge the Stetson model is "The Motor"

Stetsonmoteramndfordpism.jpg

fordpin_sm.jpg

Yeah, I was the one who snagged it. :eek:
Lovely tissue thin & kitten soft felt & the first 2 1/4" brim I've felt comfortable in.

The button was made only two scant years after the founding of the UAW and just months after negotiating recognition of the UAW by General Motors. The next month, auto workers at Chrysler won recognition of the UAW as their representative in a strike. But as for Ford - he had promised that "The UAW would organize Ford over my dead body."

These buttons were made the same year as the infamous "Battle of the Overpass" - on May 26, 1937, in which labor organizers clashed with Ford Motor Company security guards AKA "The Ford Service Department", an internal security, intimidation, and espionage unit within the company, which quickly gained a reputation of using violence against union organizers and sympathizer.

But at the time this button was made & worn it would still be three years until Henry Ford agreed to a collective bargaining agreement with the UAW.

So, what with Fords use of anti-union hired goons, it likely took some stones to sport these buttons at the time in Mowtown.

One Too Many
Ford ¡¡¡

This Ford pin could be in any hat mine, wear it and drive my car (obvius) a 84 mustang" v8,5.0, four barrel, tomorrow I will post another ford pin and my old car. Cheers ¡¡¡ :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One Too Many
Hi Rick ¡¡¡

I have always been owner's ford car, now I have only one, I will post here but with other pin and hat, mi first ford was a 46 coupe and 53 custom booth V8. Fuel is expansive like hats but I like them.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Someone should go into business making stick pins for us today. There's a market there. That "fedora folk" at the top of the page is a perfect example.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
xwray said:
I was wondering if anyone has tried using the tiny very strong rare earth magets like I have seen in other applications. You would glue one magnet to the back of the pin and place a second magnet inside the crown where you want to place the pin and bring them together. The two magnets get into a death grip through the felt and shouldn't come loose.

Indeed I have done just that. It works quite well. The only problem I've had is the glue I used to affix the magnet to the back of the pin didn't hold too well over time. I think if you used a sufficiently strong epoxy that would withstand the changes in temperature that the seasons will bring, you'll be fine.

Rick Blaine

LincolnBrigadepin.jpg

Bought this one from a fella in España. It ain't here yet but I can't wait. It cost a pretty penny but it is the only one I have seen that is not a celluloid pinback. Like this:
cel_lincoln.jpg
But insted stamped/molded into the steel(?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot