Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, here is the Stetson I just had Henry the Hatter in Detroit do for me. I had Joedahat use the 'stock' Sterling silver pin from this hat when he built my new one. Notice the 'beaver on it!

71381-m-0.jpg

This appears to be a tiger on my Biltmore ARC I picked up at Hats-Plus in Chicago.

71291-m-0.jpg

One Too Many
Aside from the JBS branding iron pin and the Stetson pin that is on so many 1970s and later hats (and I have a bunch of those) here are the other pins that I put on my hats…

Here is the front view:

5393497024_9349bfe667.jpg

The one in the upper left corner is a patriotic pin from the Span Am War in 1898. The one under it is a Stetson advertisement pin from about the same time period (or perhaps as late as the 1910s or so). And the other two are the Stetson Stratoliner pins we are all so familiar with. I have a third Stratoliner pin on my Stratoliner hat. These two are just extra ones I picked up here and there.

Here is a shot of the backs showing the clasps and pins.

5392899871_e7265368ca.jpg

(I've looked for a thread dedicated only to hat pins and couldn't find one. If there is one and I've missed it, I hope the mods can merge this in with the older one.)
Great souvenirs M.V. ¡¡¡¡¡¡ I like

jkingrph

Practically Family
I just picked up a couple of the "Stratoliner" pins and added to my Campdraft's.

With my slightly arthritic fingers closing those little clasps was a job. I slipped them through the ribbon loop rather than poking holes in the felt which probably would have been tricky.

frussell

One Too Many
I'm with you Rusty. I've got dozens of old hat pins that I don't use because they are the "push-through" type that would require a hole in either the felt or the ribbon, plus the bulk of the backing. It's a shame, because some have great sentimental value, but not enough to enlist a jeweler to fix them. Even the FL pin has that bulky back on it. The few I have with the above-pictured fixture are the only ones I use much. They seem to the the only kind that "hang" right on a ribbon for me. Happy New Year. Frank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot