Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT FOR OBAMA Godspeed Josh Shayne

jpbales

Practically Family
so they may well have gotten the hat to Barack Obama on time, but will he really wear it? It seems so unlikely, especially for him to wear it during the inauguration. As a politician, he's probably only thinking about his image, and the image he wants to present to his constituants. He wants to keep his image positive in the minds of Americans. If he does something that most people don't do, like wear a hat, that may be an issue for him. Most people will probably see that black fedora as "gangster," and whoever manages Obama's image will probably hate it, much to my dismay. If Obama did wear a fedora, it would give me at least one thing to like about him though.
Whew, those reporters have good intentions, but need better hats! I wish I could afford to go out of my way and give them a nice hat, but I can barely afford nice hats for myself.

RBH

Bartender
HatFan said:
Success! Well sort of...check out the blog.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SESr9D5Gd7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SESr9D5Gd7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm happy to see Josh wearing his hat. As long as their cause got attention that's all I can really hope for. So far he's getting pretty far. Close as any reporter and hot on the trail of Barrack.

Cool also to know that Josh has to get the hat to Barrack before he becomes President in order for it to become Barrack's personal property. Otherwise to the Archive it goes.

deanzat

One of the Regulars
He's doing much better than I did, when I tried to bring a presentation quality Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum as an inauguration gift. I guess they were mad because S&W isn't an American company anymore...

What's worse, it was at the same time I was visiting Washington to get a patent for my hundred hotdog vest.

;-) Z

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
It's unfortunate that this didn't turn out as we hoped.

However, I think that an easier and perhaps just as effective way to help bring back the hat is to present certain popular Congress Critters with quality fedoras. This would be much easier than giving a hat to one well-protected guy who can't even sneeze without the Secret Service having a plan.

The hat isn't going to come back with us sitting here discussing it, it'll need a pretty good push.

Might be something to mull over. [huh]

Real ale, cigars and jazz. Back to the Tory front bench for Ken Clarke.

clarke.jpg
kenclarkechung256.jpg

bk

Rider

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:
I'd say when it comes to Quality, Stetson is definitely a step above modern Borsalino and Akubra...

Is this actually correct? Is a modern Stetson is higher quality than an Akubra?

I do not own a Stetson. The last time I was looking at them, the hat store proprieter told me that Stetson was now a mass produced hat of diminished quality compared to Stetson's of old. I was also told that Stetson and Dobbs are the same hats branded differently by the same hat company?

Educate me.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Rider said:
I do not own a Stetson. The last time I was looking at them, the hat store proprieter told me that Stetson was now a mass produced hat of diminished quality compared to Stetson's of old.
That's pretty much the way I've understood as well - Stetson focuses on their western hat line and there have been serious problems with their fedoras (sweatbands sewn on haphazardly etc.).

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Rider said:

I do not own a Stetson. The last time I was looking at them, the hat store proprieter told me that Stetson was now a mass produced hat of diminished quality compared to Stetson's of old. I was also told that Stetson and Dobbs are the same hats branded differently by the same hat company?

Educate me.

Go to the Stetson in the modern day thread.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Rider said:

Educate me.
Rider, A good palce to begin your education is with the Stickies in the Hats forum.
Here's the link to the Classic Hatmakers thread.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16412

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy