Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Head

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
When my hair began to thin to the point that it was obvious, I took a Wahl to it and now use the #1 clip every other week.

If I let it grow in, even without wearing a hat, eventually I look like a cross between Doc Brown, Larry Fine, and Bozo the Clown.

Very short hair = no hat or helmet hair worries.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Shave. Thats my answer and I am sticking to it.

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Best to all, Short Blading Guy-

+1

16299928_10103025397197168_4416446289047500402_o.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Sharp! You two are a sharp couple.

As to hair, when I started shaving my head I had hair growing on the crown of my head. If the hair grew out I would look like the stereotypical friar. That is not a pretty look. Today my hair has thinned greatly. I shave only a "few" hairs.

As I age, seriously, my ears and nose continue to grow. That is decidedly not fair! Really what in the world is this. How in the world has genetics worked to have this be the growing I can continue to look forward to. By the time I am 90+ my nose should resemble Pinocchio, albeit if he wore a proper fedora not that cone hat. :mad:

Hat hair, I remember that faintly! ;):)

On with the posters query about hat hair avoidance. Best, Short Balding Guy with a continuing to grow nose and ear lobes - Eric -

That's what I started to do. When my hair gets long, it gets wavy and curly and requires gel to tame it (or a blow dryer, which I hate with a passion). I don't want gel getting on the liners of my nice hats, so I just keep may hair short now; even bought a $50 pair of electric clippers to make it easier here at the house.

Now, as stated above by @hatsRme , @EstherWeis and @Bob Roberts , I just run my hand through my hair and it's all good.
+1 me too

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Ha! That's the same brand I bought. It works great. I use a #2-1/2 around the ears and then work up to a 5 on top and it's still short enough to vanquish worries about hat hair.

That's close to how I used to do my ex's boys' hair - 6 or 7 up top (depending on the kid) and 2 on the sides and back. Come to think of it, if I had a full head, that's about how I'd do it, too.

From a young age I always knew if my genetics followed the men on the maternal side of my family I wouldn't have hair for long, or if my genetics followed the paternal side of my family it would turn white early. I got what I wanted; it started turning in my 30's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy