Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Head

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I don't get 'hat head' because I'm proud to be a complete baldy, a slaphead, a cue-ball, an 8-ball, a skinhead, a turtle waxer; I wear a meat-coloured wig and I'm proud of it...

however...

we baldys do suffer from something similar - we can get a red line around our heads which looks a little frankensteinesque, as if we've had the tops of our heads sewn back on...

what to call it?

a bowler border?
Hatpoint Charlie?
a fedora fault?
a hommie haematoma?
a stetson stripe?
a whippet whip-lash?
A fedora frankenstein?
a mayser mark?

I get the stripe, too, but only with certain hats.

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
I used to hate helmethead when i rode motorcycles... take off the helmet and you’ve got a mashed and messy sweaty head of hair. I don’t ride anymore but i wear hats and find a similar problem (though not as bad).

So apart from shaving it off or using a greasy tin of dapper dan, what do you do about hathead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Shave. Thats my answer and I am sticking to it.

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Best to all, Short Blading Guy-

My experience says if you keep your locks clean and start out with a dry do, (unless you ran a marathon or load trucks all day) a swipe or two of the hand through each side to brush it back gets it back to an acceptable condition. Maybe not like you just left the barber, but certainly a satisfactory, if not casual coiffure.

Or, quoting @johnnycanuck, you can wear your hathead proudly!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
If I'm going to a club/restaurant or event where I can leave my hat on, I do and no hat head problems. If I cant, I go directly to the men's room, wearing my hat, take it off and fix my hair as best I can and that's it or if you dont want to visit the mens room, as Charlie says just a "swipe or two..." and that usually does the trick. Works for me.

Shave. Thats my answer and I am sticking to it.

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Best to all, Short Blading Guy-

At least you didn't shave the dog!

I keep mine pretty short, so it's not usually a problem, but Charlie's solution is also mine. Sometimes I might wet my hand in the faucet first if I've been sweating and it gets a little worse.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RJR

If I'm going to a club/restaurant or event where I can leave my hat on, I do and no hat head problems. If I cant, I go directly to the men's room, wearing my hat, take it off and fix my hair as best I can and that's it or if you dont want to visit the mens room, as Charlie says just a "swipe or two..." and that usually does the trick. Works for me.
+1

EstherWeis

Vendor
I’m with Charlie. Then again, I always look like I stuck my fingers in an outlet anyways.
My granddad always said I was a Goldilocks. Albeit a very messy one [emoji1]

As stated before. Just never but a hat on with even the slightest damp hair. That way you get that clear hat line. Run your hands through it and done.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
wear your hair short ... your hats fit better
That's what I started to do. When my hair gets long, it gets wavy and curly and requires gel to tame it (or a blow dryer, which I hate with a passion). I don't want gel getting on the liners of my nice hats, so I just keep may hair short now; even bought a $50 pair of electric clippers to make it easier here at the house.

Now, as stated above by @hatsRme , @EstherWeis and @Bob Roberts , I just run my hand through my hair and it's all good.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That's what I started to do. When my hair gets long, it gets wavy and curly and requires gel to tame it (or a blow dryer, which I hate with a passion). I don't want gel getting on the liners of my nice hats, so I just keep may hair short now; even bought a $50 pair of electric clippers to make it easier here at the house.

Now, as stated above by @hatsRme , @EstherWeis and @Bob Roberts , I just run my hand through my hair and it's all good.
my hair grows up it doesn't grow long and down so I know exactly what you are saying

and no one but myself has cut my hair in over 30 years

HadleyH1

One Too Many
You can try to fix hat hair spraying dry shampoo on the roots or a little texturizing spray.

If you have short hair you can apply some gel and run it through the hair, texturizing spray might work too.

I don't know if this will work 100% on your hair but you can give it a try. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran