Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT LIFE WESTERN ISSUE March 1956

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Hat Life was a great magazine for the industry. Unfortunately, all that is left is a monthly email from the ownership of Hat Life about anything remotely related to hats . We've come very far since the 1950's!!!

Steven
Bencraft Hats

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Vic,

Did you notice the kid wearing the Lone Ranger hat?
I still remember in about 59 when mine came in the mail.
One of the greatest days of my life.
Thanks,
Sam

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Vic,

Did you notice the kid wearing the Lone Ranger hat?
I still remember in about 59 when mine came in the mail.
One of the greatest days of my life.
Thanks,
Sam

I was a laced edge man myself. AKA Buckaroo Extraordinair
victorhatnewsj0.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting - I thought that the narrower brims were a 1960s phenomenon, but the brims were already getting shorter in 1956 as there are almost no pictures of wide-brim fedoras. The brims seem to be about 2 inch to 2 1/4.

Hi Mr. Barrow

i picked this post to respond to, but it could have been a lot of them. My Dad purchased a stingy brimmed hat at some point before 1968 or so. His Mother-In-Law said it looked stupid, so he quit wearing hats. Dad had a round face (Otto Von Bismark look) and the stingy brim DID look bad on him. His Father-In-Law bought a wide brimmed hat probably in 1935 and was still wearing it at that time. I think that the Stingy brim, not JFK was a larger cause of hatlessness.

I think that people should start ignoring current fashion and begin wearing what looks good on them. Obviously, this will not be easy. Think about it though, if the shape of your face indicates that a high crown, wide brim works best, then buy it. If the shape of your face indicates a short crown and a wide brim, then buy it. Same with hair cuts, etc.

Later Y'all

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I want one of those DelMonico hat liners. I have to see if they have any left hanging out in the back of the shop. I did not get one when I bought my Open Road. They still do a pretty good trade in Westerns I a have seen more then one go out the door on my visits to the store.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael