Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Shop in Boston! (New to me)

Subvet642

A-List Customer
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but if not, would a Bartender please remove it? Anyway, I just found a hat shop in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston called Salmagundi. I had heard about it from a friend at work, and on a lark, my wife and I decided to check it out during our usual Saturday errands. It was my first time in a hat shop (I usually shop online), and I didn't know what to expect. Well, they are only set up for retail right now, and no web site yet (coming soon), but expect to be in repair and custom work before too long. The selection wasn't huge, but I thought it was pretty good, nonetheless. My wife even found a bunch of hats that she wants! It's owned by a young couple who obviously love hats, and although we didn't have enough money to buy anything right now (Damn, Damn, Damn!), Jessen and Andria took great care to make us feel like we were the most important people there, even though there were about a dozen people in the store. What I especially liked was that every hat was out there to be tried on, as the hat gods intended.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Specific Location

I have to visit there March 2-3 for a seminar at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. It might not be feasible for me to visit this shop (no car), but then, maybe there is a way to patch together a bus/subway connection. So, how difficult will it be for someone to get from that hotel to this Jamaica Plain area?

Subvet642

A-List Customer
barrowjh said:
I have to visit there March 2-3 for a seminar at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. It might not be feasible for me to visit this shop (no car), but then, maybe there is a way to patch together a bus/subway connection. So, how difficult will it be for someone to get from that hotel to this Jamaica Plain area?

Take the CT2 Bus from the hotel to the Red Line at Kendall Square, Cambridge. Then the Red Line to the Orange Line at Downtown Crossing. Then the Orange Line to Forest Hills. Then take the # 39 bus to the stop at Centre St. and South St., it's right there! It seems like a long way, but it's pretty quick. The subway system is sort of shaped like a tic-tac-toe #, it intersects in 4 main places, with 4 lines named with 4 colors; Red, Orange, Green and Blue. Once you see the maps in the stations, you'll understand. The Address is: 765 Centre St.. The Phone is: 617-522-6243. They're closed Mondays, Tue. to Fri. 11am-8pm, Sat. 10am-6pm, Sun. 10am-6pm.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope you boys are familiar with Bobby from Boston's shop as well...one of the best men's vintage shops around. It's great for women too, but really great for men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass