Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatless

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Hatless while trying to get back into shape. ran 5 miles for the first time since leaving the service. long way to go but it's a start
7a4b9ce54d61bc5201646c5c8929f0ec.jpg
0e0a865eabeab33993185aef0f74ff3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That's a great photo Esther, you really are a tall lady.
Do I make for a realistic re-enactor? The reason that I am hatless is because the forage cap doesn't fit. As Esther will testify, I have a big head. (Tina says, in more ways than one.)
View attachment 85956
Great photo. A full bird Colonel, way to go all the way up the chain of command. Is that a restored Sherman behind you? Images? I would salute you.

RJR

That's a great photo Esther, you really are a tall lady.
Do I make for a realistic re-enactor? The reason that I am hatless is because the forage cap doesn't fit. As Esther will testify, I have a big head. (Tina says, in more ways than one.)
View attachment 85956
Surely looks familiar;my dad was initially with U S Army 8th Air Corps and billeted in a home very near what is now known as RAF Wattisham.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Great photo. A full bird Colonel, way to go all the way up the chain of command. Is that a restored Sherman behind you? Images? I would salute you.
I can tell you a story about the uniform but you've got me on the Dodge. Back when we lived in London, I hired military uniforms from a guy who ran his business from his home, using his double size garage as a stock room. My favourite uniform was that of an RAF Squadron Leader, it had personal family memories for me. On one occasion it wasn't available so I hired the US Colonel uniform that you see in the photo. Oh wow, did it go down well or what? When we moved I phoned the uniform guy to say that we were leaving London. Out of the blue he offered me the uniform and one for Tina at a very reasonable price.

The jacket of my uniform is not original. Now I'm taking someone's word on this although, perhaps I should have looked it up. The US Army, I'm "reliably" informed, sold the design of their uniform to the Dutch Army. My jacket is of "Dutch" origin, about the aiguillette and insignia I know nothing. My missus, on the other hand, only landed herself an original LBC uniform in captain's rank. The uniform guy explained that LBC was worn by The London Based Corps. Can anyone corroborate that? I'm trying to find a really good shot of Tina in her uniform, be patient I'll find it.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bill you need to rotate the pictures 360 , they're upside down . I know it seems 180 would do it , but for some reason 180 doesn't get it . Rotating 360 before posting make them post right side up . Nice pictures though .

Interesting. They appear right side up on my screen. I have found that if I make a small change to the same picture (for example I just reduced the size of these pictures) that they appear correctly to everybody else.

IMG_0063a.jpg
IMG_0680a.jpg
IMG_0736a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21